Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what other S2R owners have their rear shock's rebound damping setting is at. The stock is 18 clicks from full stiff. I cannot feel the 'pogoing' (too fast) or 'packing' (too slow) although I tried it at 16 and rear feels more controlled.

·
Registered
24 Posts
desmo7 said:
Just wondering what other S2R owners have their rear shock's rebound damping setting is at. The stock is 18 clicks from full stiff. I cannot feel the 'pogoing' (too fast) or 'packing' (too slow) although I tried it at 16 and rear feels more controlled.
What I would do is make sure the front and rear is working together. Settings are always a little more personal to weight and feel. I tryed some suggested settings on my 748 and it felt great but with the same settings on the 916 it felt jittery under dampered.

Stand to the side of the bike, put one arm on the top yoke and the other on the seat. Push down hard and just try to even out the suspetion feel between front and back with dampering adjustments. You want it to work together and be smooth. Just do small adjustments at a time. After doing this to my 916 it feela great, I did the same to the 748 and it felt better then even with the suggested settings. Everybike is diffrent.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts