Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My right front footpeg/rear brake lever assembly recently got ripped off and it took the shaft that goes from the lever to the rear brake cylinder with it (it ripped out of the cylinder itself)...is there a way to fix it somehow or do I need to replace the cylinder?If I bought a new cylinder it doesnt look like it comes with a shaft though.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
The linkage piece is Ducati, and the cylinder is Brembo. The shaft just slips in and is not attached physically.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
If you are handy with tools, you can make the adjuster part of the plunger shaft if you still have the Heim joint part (the ball joint) that bolts to the pedal.

I just made one for the track bike. Find the hardened/alodine coated metric cap screws about 45-50mm long at the local hardware. I can't remember if it is M5 or M6, but I think its M5. I got the longest size available and it worked out that all I had to do was grind the hex head down to a rounded point to get the right length for the 900 SS application. Add a jam nut to the threaded portion, screw into the Heim joint and adjust to get the right pedal height with the plunger having about 1mm free play before it pushes the piston in the M/C.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts