Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear brake light on my '00 M900s has a sensor that attaches to the rearset.

That sensor has a "springy" extension that when depressed keeps the brake light off, but when let free to pop out, the brake light goes on.

The "springiness" is pretty much gone. I tried greasing and WD-40ing the tip of the sensor, but there is some stickiness in the travel and the sensor isn't working properly.

Do I need a replacement part, or can anyone suggest a fix?

Tigre

·
Registered
413 Posts
Good question---My springy thing fell out completley, so I disconnected the rear brake switch and am getting a new switch put in under warranty

·
Banned
551 Posts
I got a replacement one - I think they are only like 10 - 15 anyway.

I don't know if WD-40 was the way to go either. That little springy nipple thing is plastic - and I don't think WD-40 lubes plastic, might make it sticky. Kinda like I was always told not to put WD-40 on my matchbox car wheels when I was a little nipper. something about wd-40 on thos little plastic wheels made em suck.

I could be wrong though

I would recommend just getting the new sensor. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Keep in mind if you change to aftermarket rearsets there is no accomodation for this switch. The solution is to short out the connector (twist the wires together) or replace it with a banjo bolt pressure switch. If the connector is shorted out only the front brake will activate the brake light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts