Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any reccomendations for some really really warm gloves? My current tecknic gloves just arn't doing it for me in the mornings to school.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Olympia 4350. Very warm, not too bulky. I wore mine down to frezzeing and below. I also wear a Gerbings heated jacket whens its that cold so the extra warmth on my torso keeps my hands warmer. They've been keeping my hands warm on these colder 40 something degree mornings when i dont use the jacket.

Newenough sells them online.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I've got the enormous OSI winter gloves..but they make me a bit uncomfortable seeing as it's difficule to let the clutch out smoothly.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I'm gonna cut and paste my question from another thread to here. ------

has anyone seen any good gloves that aren't too bulky? I have heated grips (cheap and effective), so what I am picturing are gloves that have thin palms+inner part of fingers to transmit heat from grips and allow freedom of movement, and thick padding over the top of the hand and fingers to block wind where it hits you most.

Does that exist?

G

·
Alex said:

has anyone seen any good gloves that aren't too bulky? I have heated grips (cheap and effective), so what I am picturing are gloves that have thin palms+inner part of fingers to transmit heat from grips and allow freedom of movement, and thick padding over the top of the hand and fingers to block wind where it hits you most.

Does that exist?
look at the olympia's they do not seem to be too thick I am looking at getting those and a good jacket.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Alex said:

Does that exist?
I've wonderd this too.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Search at "Aerostich.com".

They carry a Luxury cowhide winter glove that offers great crash protection and is very warm. I own it and am very happy with it.

Cheers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Alex said:

Does that exist?
bmw prowinter gloves? i have no FHE, but has anyone else tried theses?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Paper5tr3et7 said:
I've got the enormous OSI winter gloves..but they make me a bit uncomfortable seeing as it's difficile to let the clutch out smoothly.
I just got the REv'it Celsius gloves they are supposed to be one of the best winter gloves, pricey at $150.....tested them in the rain while it was 52 and so far I've got no major complaints. I'll post again once the temp seriously drops here.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ended up picking up some First Gear gloves, very very warm, riden to school when it was in the 30's and my legs were the only thing cold on me.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I just bought some First Gear Dakota gloves. The 2 things i liked were the long gauntlets to stop wind around wrists and they seem to have alot of the insulation around fingeres but still feel very flexible.

I was hoping these would work a little better than the cheaper Power Trip gloves iwas using that only seemed to be good down to 45deg. (I should note that living near Chicago means a bit of a wind chill along with the temp all the time.)
Well in todays test-ride the temp was 39deg and cloudy with 7mph breeze and the gloves were nice and toasty for 40- 45 minutes or so. The cold kinda crept in and after about an hour and 20 minutes and my hands were frozen by then.
So... I dont know if theres any non-heated glove that can keep you warm for a long time down in the 30's.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The first gear dakota are the ones I have, been wearing them all winter, and mixed with my new fielsheer jacket, I havn't had a cold upper body yet and temps have dropped below 30 already on a few mornings.

·
Registered
126 Posts
On my BMW with heated grips I find that Held gloves work very well. The trick to heated grips is to keep your hand around the grip. Taking your hand off the grips for even a moment loses alot of heat. Also, try wearing latex surgical gloves under your MC gloves. Keeps a huge amount of heat in.

Of course I'm from LA, low low freezing weather for me is 50 F. So what do I know?

The heated grips are just the ticket for mountain winter rides in SoCal. Just keeps em toasty.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
MOTOBOSS MERCURY GLOVES

Cheap at Cycle Gear.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts