Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't know what happened to the text... >>

I got to take my first ride on a Monster today. While the sensation is somewhat dulled now, hours after I originally posted this, I'm still savoring the moments. I test rode my dealers demo bike, an 800. I didn't go very far, just on some sweepers and since it was a new bike, I didn't rev over 4500. I also didn't want to get spoiled. ;) I really just wanted to see how it rode, handled, sounded etc before making my final decision. As soon as I got back to the dealer I put a deposit on a yellow '04 620ie for him to hold while I wait for a couple of business deals to pay. I'm really jazzed. ;D

N

·
0 Posts
Re: What happened to my post?

sweet! i got mine today and im really impressed, i already got a few looks. its nice to have something different and see people taking a long look.

just cant wait til later this year to get some new pipes to really bring out that desmo sound ;D

H

·
0 Posts

Be prepared to part with extra green. Once you start with the mods, you just can't stop!

·
Premium Member
694 Posts

Congrats! Mod fever will soon set in. My wallet is already quite a bit lighter. Picking up the bike from storage this weekend. Time to put some of the goodies on. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
694 Posts

Yeah, I know. I picked my bike up today from a friend's place who was storing it for me. Rode 2 hours back in 40 degree weather. Damn it was cold, but it was great to ride again. The mirrors have to go, so does the cannister, that 160 rear tire makes my bike look castrated, the stock handlebars make me feel too upright, the stock cans are caging that V-twin song, and the strock rear plastic hugger is a sore spot to my eyes. Can you tell I've been thinkin' about this all friggin winter?!

·
Premium Member
200 Posts

Steve,

I took a test ride on a yellow 620 yesterday. Really loved it. Hoping to close the deal on it soon. Congratulations on yours.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts