Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone :)

I’m selling the M750, and in order to try and get as much money back as possible, I’m having to strip her back to standard, and sell off all the modifications separately.

As part of this, I’ll be taking out the FCR’s and replacing them with a set of Mikuni’s from a M900.

Now…I guess I'm going to need to re-jet these Mikuni’s to the spec of a M750. I’ve got the Haynes manual here which gives both sets of specifications (see picture), but can anyone tell me what I should do with the Pilot Air Jet? What do they mean when they say ‘Not Available’ for the 750?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
later 750m used the same needle jet and slide spring as the 900. they ran a different needle - 13240051m, 132.5 main and 40 pilot. the little jet in the carb inlet is the same for all the 400, 600, 750 and 900 afaict, and there's another little screw in jet it shows near the top (under the diaphragm maybe?) that is also the same.

or you could just fit the 900 carbs and smile while you wave it goodbye. couldn't be too far off. the 750ss up to '97 ran 140 mains.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys [thumbsup]

Heheheh...I've had 4 messages about the FCR's already [laugh] Thing is, I'd get about £350 for them over here, so by the time you add the cost of shipping them back over to the US, you'd be as well buying a brand new set.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
eonan said:
Thanks guys [thumbsup]

Heheheh...I've had 4 messages about the FCR's already [laugh] Thing is, I'd get about £350 for them over here, so by the time you add the cost of shipping them back over to the US, you'd be as well buying a brand new set.
no big deal, holidays got me down on cash anyways! [cheeky]

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK guys...I hear what you're saying about just whacking them as is and taking it from there, but I really can't be bothered taking them out again once fitted...I know, I know...its really not too much hassle [laugh]

So...is there anything obvious you recommend I should change while I have them out, that might in theory bring them closer to running as they should on the 750?

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
I’m having to strip her back to standard
If that means standard airbox, filter, lid, snorkels & exhaust
I`d try w following the specs in your first post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.