Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Introductory Pricing for MONSTRACK

Are those the infamous $200 mirrors? :eek:

What other products does Monstrack offer?

·
Premium Member
279 Posts

You guys have a website?

M

·
0 Posts

Do you guys ride/compete? Tell us about your machines/creative process.

I do like the idea that you are focused on the Monster series....

Can you post pictures of your bikes and any prototype thingies in development?

Also....many of us are REAL partial to businesses that SPONSOR this board, Thanks!!!

·
Registered
783 Posts

Found the site. www.monstrack.com nice banner.

M

·
0 Posts

The answers to the questions posted last night:

The website is in development, it is www.monstrack.com

The price of $200 is less than or equal to other Aluminum Billet mirrrors on the market currently. I beleive that once you have seen our mirrors up close and personal that there will be no comparison.

As far as the question, Are we racers or otherwise? the answer is no. We are Brothers that are the second generation of a family business that is a CNC Machine Shop serving the Medical Device Industry. We have been riders of many kinds of bikes and are flat out frustrated and blown away that the prices people charge for SubPar work. We know that those little lines you seen in what is called "CNC" machined parts is just quick & dirty workmanship.

The only two companies that I have seen products from that I would consider "excellent" is Cycle Cat and Rizoma. They are however making there living from Moto parts and we are not. So our focus is quite diffferent in the matter of pricing, on the other hand we will be slower to market. Our reason for entering the Monster market is simple, the KIND of people that ride them and the fact that they also will spend money on there bikes as do HD riders.

We will not be displaying our work on the WEB as we are in process for development. I know that most of you can understand why. I am however going to have refreshments served at our shop in the next coming weeks to show our Backrest/Luggage system for those of you in the bay area to preview. At this time we will be gathering feedback (good or bad) from those of you that can make it.

Thank you for reading this long post and I hope that I have answered most questions. Feel free to call me anytime @ 877-782-1119 PT

Kevin Kachuck

M

·
0 Posts

No one is cutting out the Distributor, people have a choice that's all. MotoWheels will only sell items that we agree that they will best represent and the rest will be drirect. The price point is relative to materials used and the quality of the construction, as in all products there are many levels.

The backrest/luggae rack is something that has been very difficult to accomodate all we want to offer in it's design and keep the cost below $400.

Billet Mirrors that are comparable to ours, are all north of $200, whether it be Cycle Cat, Rizoma or DP.

I would like to see pictures of your mirrors, is that possible?

To note our price, the net after discount is $146.25 which should meet what you are telling me about pricing.

Kevin

V

·
0 Posts

sweet jesus my prayers have been answered. A rack system for my little ol' s4. I can quit slinging the backpack when I pack my lunch for work.
When/how can people far far away see what it looks like???

M

·
0 Posts

Scott,

Although I appreciate your opinion, please read my current post. MotoWheels and us have decided to have us sell them direct only, we are doing this to keep the price down to your suggested $150 level. If you have any other comments, please feel free to share them!

Kevin

M

·
0 Posts

Scott,

I forgot to comment on your bar end mirrors, they are nice indeed. However Bar end mirrors take less than half the time to machine and half of the material requirement, hence the difference in price.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts

I can't wait to see your products! Make sure it will accomodate monster with high pipes.

M

·
0 Posts

Hi Kevin,

Have you talked to Higgie about sponsoring the DML?

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts

You know I thought they were a sponsor. Yep. You guys realllllly need to kick down if you are going to use this as a platform to make money.

I know, got kinda quiet on this thread all of a sudden, didn't it?

M

·
0 Posts

Well I guess that Higgie can clear up those comments by confirming I have made my Donation as a Sponsor 3 months ago, however the Banner is not up. I apologize if there was confusion..

Kevin

M

·
0 Posts

Thank you.

I Look forward to seeing more of the Mfg. as sponsors, Jeff and Michael do alot of work and it would be nice to see the list have an increase in revenue so they may be paid.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts

Kevin's a big liar. Monstrack never paid to become a sponsor.

ok, just kidding. ;D
Monstack IS a DML Sponsor, we just havent got a banner up yet.

And, I like that idea of getting paid for all the DML work.
So far, Michael and I are being compensated with DML Tshirts. :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts