Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: For sale or trade: 1999 m750 Strati full pipe

When the subject of modified pipes comes up, I always recommend the half-mod so you get the Ducati sound, but not nearly so loud. And nobody seems to listen.

Your pipes are interchangable with those of any other 2-valve Monster. You should be able to buy a pair of stock pipes for under $100 with a little bit of searching.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts

When the subject of modified pipes comes up, I always recommend the half-mod so you get the Ducati sound, but not nearly so loud.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

The 1/2 mod is not available for 1999's. If anyone has stock pipes for sale please contact me.
I've personally done a 1/2 pipe mod on a set of pipes from a 99 M900S. I only shortened the pipe about three inches and removed the stuff in the third chamber.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Oh, and I don't know what that one reply is with my name, but listed as a Guest. I tried writing a large response yesterday and the system just ate it or something.

·
Registered
441 Posts

There

·
Registered
1,303 Posts

I've personally done a 1/2 pipe mod on a set of pipes from a 99 M900S.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts

I posted this earlier but accidentally deleted the post...anyways I listened to the full mod on a Remus hi-mount (which should be insignificantly, albeit louder than the low mount due to the increased length of the pipes) and I would go so far as to say the remus is **almost** as loud as the fully modded pipes, except for its tone which is just a bit more muffled (less hollow and rattle-y/echo-y -- hard to describe).

·
Premium Member
186 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts

Thanks for all the help guys. Ive decided that the full mod is really the sound I want. After a couple hundred miles of riding on them the sound is worth every moment. I think Im going to keep the setup as it is. Besides, having an audible presence around the cars makes for a much safer ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts