Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Air Intake System for M1000DS?

A larger air plenum works better for torque, where individual runners works better for peak, high RPM horsepower. I'm of the opinion that most Monster owners aren't using the peak HP capability any way, so I use the stock air box, with a K&N filter and an open top. Sounds good, too.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Well, at least you point in the right direction. ;D

·
Registered
8,800 Posts

Herb, HERB!

You're talking to yourself again!
Stop it, it scares the children.

;D ;D

·
Registered
668 Posts

Dear Herb,

did you make adjustment to co after installing the K&N and opened up top cover ? Do You have them aftermarket pipes.

Skier, fellow Domatore M1000Sie

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I remus high mounts, and did have the necessary adjustments made. My dealer's son works for Magneti Morelli in Italy, and supposedly had the goods on the new ECU early on. I don't know what adjustments were made, that's not my bag, but whatever they were, it seems to work well...

I am thinking about a power commander and some dyno time in the future, but the bike runs so good now, I just don't know if I'd gain much.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Herb, HERB!

You're talking to yourself again!
Stop it, it scares the children.

;D ;D
Seems Speedracer removed his posts...Hmmm. Wonder if it was something I said? LOL

·
Registered
61 Posts

Seems Speedracer removed his posts...Hmmm. Wonder if it was something I said? LOL
Ah, Herb. Sorry. No, it wasn't anything you said. I figured since I went ahead and made the K&N Kit purchase after your posts I should kill the thread. So, delete I did, but thread's-a-livin.

Original query was about the wisdom of getting an air intake system like TPO Performance's "BEAST" Air Intake System for Ducati Monster.

Thanks again, Herb.

SR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts