Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would post some photos on this forum as well.

2009 Ducati Monster 696

mods:
smoothed painted rear subframe
powdercoated swingarm and shock
1198 forks and axle
Style and Performance triples
Style and Performance Rearsets
Braking wave rotors
Woodcraft clipons
916/996 era superbike fender
DP ECU and air filter
R&G Tail tidy
other odds and ends

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
296 Posts
That red subframe looks good! Just curious why the clip ons? Also you have the DP ECU and filter but have stock cans. When does one need the DP ECU, when they change the airfilter or when they change to slipons or full system? Basically if I bought say Two brothers or Leo vance slipons, would I need to get an ECU?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when you have more in you need more fuel
so hiflo filter needs more fuel.

slipons typically don't need more fuel. the stock cans are only there for a short time though. i have a set of exhausts I'm building

the clipons? well the plan was for a more radical look, this is an inbetween stage. next is adding an 848 light and nose cone. bars wouldn't fit.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thanks. The termis are quite expensive and one can get other brands for less. Can't wait to see the finished project.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks sweet, the painted subframe is awesome. Not a fan of new-gen Monsters due to the ugly subframe but color matched looks great.

Don't like the headlight so good to hear it's going. ;) sticks out too far.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thought I would post some photos on this forum as well.

2009 Ducati Monster 696

mods:
smoothed painted rear subframe
powdercoated swingarm and shock
1198 forks and axle
Style and Performance triples
Style and Performance Rearsets
Braking wave rotors
Woodcraft clipons
916/996 era superbike fender
DP ECU and air filter
R&G Tail tidy
other odds and ends

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Raux,

Are you going to post updated pics of your build. Bike looks sweet!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the bike stands at this point for now. hopefully i can complete some more changes over the winter.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Raux, I keep coming back to your pics and the frame. Looks amazing. How much work?? Is the front fender a bolt up or does it need some modifying?? I am looking for both a red and a white fender for my 1100 so if this is a bolt up it widens my options.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Very cool man. I'm interested in seeing what sort of exhaust you're having built. Keep us posted :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rear subframe work

well...
to remove the rear subframe... you gotta take the whole frame off because it's attached to the both motormounts and the front frame. You MAY be able to slide it out but your motor will need to be supported along with the main frame and swingarm.

there are only those three main attachment points and the shock attached to the subframe.

then the actual manual labor of primer, smoothing it, etc. then reassembly.

I tore my bike down to every nut and bolt due to an accident, but I did see ways to keep things more whole units in the disassembly.

as far as the fender. most modern Ducati fenders will fit, Monsters (S*R and new of course) SBK and SC with some work i've heard.

This is a 996 or 916 (maybe a Senna) and it bolted straight up.

·
Super Moderator
3,955 Posts
Very nicely done. Good job.

PhilB

·
Registered
635 Posts
Nice bike raux ... love the color scheme ...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the compliments.
I also have a pair of Pearl White skins. Going to be switching over to them in the spring for awhile. will post pics then.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Raux

I also have the Pearl White in addition to Silver, and now, Red. Will you be running the white fender?? If not would you be interested in selling it??

1 - 20 of 31 Posts