Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know it's late and I know I've been hanging out with Uncle Absolut but I just gotta rant! I just caught the the last part of Biker Boys on HBO. Not only am I angry at Laurence Fishburne for agreeing to appear in such a piece of sh#t but I am also angry at the manufacturers for perpetuating such crap. I saw a kid drop a five month old Alastair GSXR on Palomar today. He was dressed in a matching yellow jacket, jeans and tennis shoes. Thank whoever that he was ok but C'mon! What's wrong with this? Am I naive or is this the kind of stuff I am going to see as I try to advance my skills? I enjoy riding and defend the sport vehemently but I see this as going against the grain. Should I calm down?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Hollywood has a way of bringing the worst into a sport. I hardly surf anymore cause the water is so crowded these days with people who saw Blue Crush and have no clue about the rules in the water.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Sure, there are always the kids who are going to try and emulate H'wood, but their interest isn't usually long-lived (no pun intended). What worries me more is the "seasoned" riders, a few of which frequent this board, who are actually defending work boots, jeans and open-face helmets as proper riding attire. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw somebody complain on one of these forums about catching a cold because he'd been riding without a helmet not too long ago.

*shrugs*

Not worth getting agitated over.

-R.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
At least his outfit was matching! ;D

Rideon

·
Registered
48 Posts
Fishburne was not really to happy with the way the movie turned out. I work at a post production house and we did some work on bikerboyz. I heard he made them shoot his stuff early on. so he could get off the production. i'd like to know if he has said anything about it. I've heard he is a real enthusiast.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Larry looked kind of fat in the movie. And it was atrocious - I couldn't watch very much of it.

I was amused by Kid Rock, however.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts