Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Randimus, I have read the forum guidelines, and your little "Ground Rules," and you know something interesting? Nothing in the Cider House Thread even comes close to violating any of the foregoing. Your locking of the thread and warning of RSVRider (and perhaps zedgal and myself as well) was totally unjustified. Utter horsesh*t.

So spare us the "I don't like wearing the mod hat" bullsh*t. From where I stand, that's exactly what this whole is mess is about. Man, I really like hanging out with you and riding with you, but on here you're acting like an as*hole on a power trip.

You know the reason this whole mess started? It's really very simple. We just want to do our thing and we don't want people to f*ck with us. The admins/mods/non-RMMHA-lurkers/etc started f*cking with us, and some of us are the kind of people who, when f*cked with, whether in person or on here, f*ck back.

So that's why the damn thing started. As to why it continues, well, I for one find the entire thing hilarious.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
I have an idea.. can we just get our own rules? We obviously cant play by the other rules, maybe we are all friends because we all think alike and are at the core a different breed of Hooligan. A Hard Core Hooligan crowd that needs more verbal freedom? [laugh] *think on it*
;D just a thought.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Well, I for one am going into lurk mode for the foreseeable future. I thought about deleting my account, but I think I'll just lay low for awhile. In the not-too-distant past, the DML *was* a fun place to hang out on the internet, but those days are long gone. Oh, I'll check here and there to see what the crew is up to, but there's just too much drama, too much stress, too many strong (and maybe, hard) feelings between people in this forum, the mods, and other forums on this board to really post anymore. Besides, email seems to be the way people are informing of rides these days, so I'll just keep track of the when and the where that way.

I wish we could turn back the clock to September of last year (hell, I even had the shirt then!) ... back to when I'd login to here, laugh my ass off at the things being posted while drinking my morning coffee -- all of which helped start my day off a little better (hey, a smile helps any way I can get it, 'cuz I'm NOT a morning person). Randy would gripe about traveling all the time (and catch **** for it), but you know, the DML is (er, was) good for a laugh, especially when you're in Korea, Oregon, Malaysia, or wherever else my company sends me for weeks on end working 20+ hours a day. Guess I'll start hanging out on the Aprilia forum now ... those guys are pretty cool and unlike here, don't have its panties all in a wad. I've looked at some of the other forums on here over the last several months and the funny thing is, what goes on in here is relatively tame these days. It's almost like this forum got a lobotomy.

I used to hang out with the BMW club here in Denver, but people there got the same way that the RMMHA has ... very up-tight, only-could-talk-about cars, and would personally give me **** because I was 20 years younger than them and drove something MUCH nicer than they could ever imagine having. Now I lurk with them. The reasons for the change here may be different, but the board is boring and honestly, not interesting to me anymore ... so i think it's time to do the same here.

It's nothing personal. It just is what it is. And that's ... sad.

I look forward to continuing to hang with everyone on here from time to time, but I think that my time on this board has come to a close. it's just not worth it anymore when threads (that ask legitimate questions, or that are meant totally in jest) are locked and / or offend people, and the whole entire "fun factor" and "social aspect" of a true social organization is gone.

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
I agree that it sucks that the man behind the mask is banned for life. I do not know all the details behind the decision. Only Marvel and the Mods that made that decision know.

Rules are rules, and we all have to live by them. I'm pretty sure that these rules were in place before Mr. Max was made a moderator.

Do I agree with all of them? No, but a still make an effort to abide by them.

If you think a specific rule is unfair, why don't you try sending a PM to the admins and outline your case?

As far as Mr. Max being the new president of Delta House, first and foremost, it's a shitty job, but Randy was willing to take it on. Props to him for that. Secondly, he knows the people on the people here, and has insight to the inside jokes. Would you rather have someone from the Bay Area who does not know anyone here ruling our little borough?

Of coures, there is always the option of not having the board at all.

We have had a lot of fun on this board staying with in the bounds in the past. Why should that change now?

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Dude you are more f*cking Switzerland that me [thumbsup]

* I do agree.. mostly.. and Im not saying neutral is bad. luv ya man.

·
Registered
133 Posts
mommys little monster said:
it was funny. So can we still say gay? And do you really put a hat on when mod time comes around and is it a hat that the DML gave you
Haha. I'm picturing a hat like the weinbershnitz (sp?) crew gets to wear, only with the propeller on top.
soreyfor the spelling.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Like this:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Or more like this:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Sorry, I could not find the Mod Hat photo, but here is a photo of our local moderators

Left to Right, Randimus, Fillmore and T-Byrd

(btw, Fillmore, I know we have never met (that I am aware of), so please, take this as humor, and not as a personal attack. Maybe someday our paths will cross, and you will be able to establish for yourself my degree of Asshatness in person. T-Byrd, I still love you, baby.)

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts