Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 00750 Dark and am a taller guy and would like to get another inch or two higher on my rear end.

If I'm the welding sort can I modify it to give me another 2 inches, or is there a aftermarket part I can buy to raise it?

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Are you looking for more room from sat to pegs, or to the ground?

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
The reason I asked is ride height adjustment on Monsters, except S*R models, does not change the distance to the pegs. It will change the distance to the ground. I believe you have a hoop from the shock linkage to the swingarm. At the bottom there are two heim joints threaded into the hoop.

Lift the rear of the bike, remove the bolts, loosen the locknuts, and turn the joints out the same number of turns. You need to leave a safe amount of threads in the hoop. The ride height will increase more than the amount you move the joints because of the linkage ratio.

This adjustment will change the steering geometry and make the bike turn quicker. Be prepared when you first ride it.

If you want to give yourself more room to the pegs you'll have to get aftermarket rearsets.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent! Exactly what I was hoping!

Thanks for the post....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.