Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the wet season upon us I thought this would be another good opportunity to get some ladies together. Plus the d**n peni$ wielders on the regular forum pretty much want to do a stripper and guns trip. So with that said, how many women are in the Bay Area and would be up for getting together on a rainy day to do something dry? Also, does anybody else HATE the Zeitgeist and would like to start a women's meeting on a regular basis somewhere else (on a different day from the geist of course)?

Just to get some ideas rolling here are some suggestions for rainy day gatherings:

-Rock climbing
-Pedicure party
-Shopping
-Movie Night
-Dinner
-Archery
-Kayaking (Okay, not so dry but a ton o' fun! And there's a lot of cute seals and you don't even need to know how to swim. You'll be wearing a life jacket and you'll just float if you flip over)
-Work on a motorcycle event

Feel free to add other suggestions. Hope to see you all soon ladies! ;D

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Hate Zeitgeist?! :eek: Say it isn't so... I never really thought about it. I just like that I can walk in wearing my leathers and it's cool. [thumbsup]

I'm a little short on time and resources given that I unexpectedly bought myself a new 944 engine, but I'm down for working on bikes. I don't know how to do much other than adjust a headlight and check valves though. [laugh]

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a big foodie and they're bbq is nothing to write home about. Also from a single girl pov nothing good ever seems to come to the Zeitgeist. It's all pasty beer bellies. Why can't you walk into any place with your leathers on? They can't throw you out for wearing gear. Doc Wong seems to have a lot of workshops and there's two women mechanics at Desmoto. Maybe I can start set something up with them if enough interest is generated. Or maybe one of them will do it even if its just the two of us.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey you two:
I'd come up for a long weekend if I could time it right. I've heard of Doc Wong and I've always wanted to attend one of his riding seminar/ride deals as well as take in some No. Cal. scenery, or hit one of the "rainy day" events and just drive up. I have cousins I can stay with and I'd love to meet you guys. Keep me posted.
Thanks,
Binky

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey there! This is probably coming up too soon but October 22 there's a Doc Wong Cornering with Confidence seminar up here: http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=61031.0
I was planning to go since I'm still very unsure of my own skills. Where are your cousins up here, just to make sure they aren't too far away from us.

Downtown LA huh? I've got a girlfriend living over in that area too. Not too far away from MOCA..... Sigh.......how I miss my old stomping grounds

·
Registered
211 Posts
Monkey vs Robot said:
Hey there! This is probably coming up too soon but October 22 there's a Doc Wong Cornering with Confidence seminar up here: http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=61031.0
I was planning to go since I'm still very unsure of my own skills. Where are your cousins up here, just to make sure they aren't too far away from us.

Downtown LA huh? I've got a girlfriend living over in that area too. Not too far away from MOCA..... Sigh.......how I miss my old stomping grounds
My cousins live in Millbrae. My uncle rides and he's the one who told me about the Doc Wong clinics. I just sold my Downtown LA condo and so have been spending the last few weekends looking for new digs (garage a must!) closer to the Westside and work.

Would kill to make it up to this weekend's clinic, but need to get out of my parents' house asap so have to make finding a new place the priority for right now. Thanks for posting up about this coming clinic. If you attend, please post up again and let us all know how it went. I need all the training I can get! And once I get settled, I will plan a long weekend and come on up. Have fun!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, first of all:
Grio said:
I'll let you hold my purse and drive behind me in the car while I ride. ;D
WTF is this? Grio, have you been sneaking away with some of Steve's percocet? Try not to take too many away from him so he'll be just as vulnerable the next time you take advantage of him in his drug induced stupor. And make sure you give him his purse back. I think he's been looking for it - it's the orange one right? [cheeky]

ANYWAYS!
Binky said:
My cousins live in Millbrae. My uncle rides and he's the one who told me about the Doc Wong clinics. I just sold my Downtown LA condo and so have been spending the last few weekends looking for new digs (garage a must!) closer to the Westside and work.

Would kill to make it up to this weekend's clinic, but need to get out of my parents' house asap so have to make finding a new place the priority for right now. Thanks for posting up about this coming clinic. If you attend, please post up again and let us all know how it went. I need all the training I can get! And once I get settled, I will plan a long weekend and come on up. Have fun!
Millbrae is a little bit further out of the city. It's not that far out but it could be easier for you to stay with me or one of the other DML crew. That way you'll immediately be with someone who know's where things are in terms of rides. Good luck finding a place! I hope you find what you want at the price you want.

I'll be down for the usual holiday migrations so maybe we can meet up and get a ride with other SoCal folks. Cheers!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Monkey vs Robot said:
ANYWAYS!
Millbrae is a little bit further out of the city. It's not that far out but it could be easier for you to stay with me or one of the other DML crew. That way you'll immediately be with someone who know's where things are in terms of rides. Good luck finding a place! I hope you find what you want at the price you want.

I'll be down for the usual holiday migrations so maybe we can meet up and get a ride with other SoCal folks. Cheers!
M vs R:
Cool, that would be awesome. Thanks for the invite. And of couse the offer is reciprocal, once I find a place that is! ;D Hope to meet up with you soon!
-Bink

·
Registered
192 Posts
Monkey vs Robot said:
Okay, first of all:
WTF is this? Grio, have you been sneaking away with some of Steve's percocet? Try not to take too many away from him so he'll be just as vulnerable the next time you take advantage of him in his drug induced stupor. And make sure you give him his purse back. I think he's been looking for it - it's the orange one right? [cheeky]
I didn't know this had anything to do with Tiggy. I just don't get out much anymore that's all. ;)
Please continue...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts