Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time it rains I seem to wind up with water in my tank. The tank cap looks fine cosmetically, but when it's been raining if I open it, there's water collected there (which flows right in to the tank). The water also gets in even if I don't open the cap. I tried clearing out the drainage holes but I can't figure out where they exit (I asked my mechanic to do it some time ago, but it didn't seem to make any difference). This is clearly not good for the bike so any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
Paul

·
Registered
969 Posts
I had the same thing happening on the 06 S2R. Mine turned out to be a pinched drain hose...I'm not sure if your year is the same but I would think it has to be similar.

The drain hose on mine exits on the RH side of the bike back by the foot pegs. Lift the tank and pull up on the hoses to get some slack in them and then lower the tank.

Mine used to leave a puddle of water whenever I lifted the tank...guess that shoulda been a hint to me.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Also make sure that the blockage hasn't clogged the tube inside the tank.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice, thanks! The hose was definitely pinched, and as soon as I straightened it a bunch of water drained out. Seems like that was most likely the issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts