Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out for a ride in the rain tonight ('03 M800) - was quite heavy.
On the way home, I noticed that lcd instrument panel seemed to be water affected, and the numbers became hardly legible.
Anyone experienced this before?
I'll check to see if it dries out in the morning.
Small point, I know but would have thought these instruments to be waterproof?

H

·
0 Posts
I think it's just luck of the draw as to which ones leak, and which ones don't. It's a warranty item. Next, they'll fog up!

·
Banned
551 Posts
To prevent starting another thread - while still in the same line of thinking...... anyone on this board taken apart the speedo / tach to fix anything in it like bulbs, seals, or glue the tach panel back up?

The reason I ask is that I just noticed the bottom side of the tach is coming off whatever it is stuck to (surprising right - because Ducati seems to use the best adhesives going - like for the mirrors). I was going to take it off this weekend, disconnet the two (I think there are only two) sets of wire going into the back and taking the thing apart to glue the tach back.

I wanted to ask this because I want to avoid any unforeseen issues that other people might have run into while re-water tightening or servicing those buggers that may be outside of their warranty period. It should be straight forward - but who knows?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Just to state an obvious thing here. I used to get a little water in my gauges before I mounted a windscreen. The water was likely getting in from the driving force of the rain combined with a moving bike. Since I added the windscreen not a drop (and I have ridden in some crazy rain storms since).... They are the old analog style gauges (for what it is worth).

·
Registered
96 Posts
The instruments on my '03 M100S get foggy after rain. I tried to improve the seal where the cable harness jacks in, which seemed to be the obvious place for water to leak in.

I used bicycle tire tube and some cable ties. No 100% but definately better now.

P.S> I have this problem wether I am using my screen or not. :-/

H

·
0 Posts
WARRANTY ! ! ! It's covered. They'll get you a new one. No way would I have a new bike with foggy gauges.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
If your bike is out of warranty, or the plastic cracks, you can try these guys:

Palo Alto Speedometer
718 Emerson St.
Palo Alto, CA 94301-2410
Tel: 650-323-0243
Fax: 650-323-4632

·
Registered
38 Posts
after washing my bike the green neutral light stayed on for a while when I was riding it around to dry it off. I guess I should say something to the dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts