Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like another six inches can come off the frame after the flush-with-the-seat chop. Gotta fabricate a crosspiece for the seat lock/tail light/signal mount, weld it in place, cut and reshape the seat and move the locking plunger, but it looks like it can be done.

And if it can be done, someone here's probably done it.

Anyone got pix?

-Don

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I cut a tail way back on one of my monsters. I kept the original lock mechanism but redid the release wire. If you'd like some pics, send me an email. [email protected]

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Me too. cheers to Norm...

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Thanks guys. When I was designing & building it, my son kept telling me how much he hated it, it's nice to hear that someone besides me likes it!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Norm sent pictures of his mods underseat, and I've been doing some measuring and have asked a friend to fab a 1/4 in thick crosspiece to duplicate the one at the tail of the stock seat that now holds my eliminator bracket and the seat latch.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
D.

If you go that short, where will the models ride?

mitt

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mitt,

On the Interceptor. Or really, really close up on the Monster.

-D

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
We want pics!

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
My original version just had the 2 tubes coming out & I mounted the tail lights in the end of each tube, but & thought it had an unfinished look to it & it was always difficult to secure the back of the seat (I like to move around a lot). This is what led to the sissy bar arrangment. I did all the cutting & padding to the original seat until I thought it fit right & then took it to Seargent to finish it up. They did a great job & at a very reasonable price. Considering how crude the mock-up was that I gave them, I'm just pleased that they agreed to do it at all.

G

·
i always thought the monster might look better with a solo seat kind of like the new Le Mans Moto Guzzi's or the OLD 70's ducati SS's

somewhere around mid tire bend the frame to parallel to the ground and just run it straight back about 2-3 inches past the end of the rear tire. Then put a big tail bubble. I've seen something similar on someone's monster but never saw anyone selling retail anything close.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts