Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a really nice Syed racing jacket that can have pants zipped to it. The school doesn't recommend it, they rather you use a one piece.

What brands do most of you guys wear and what options should I have put in?

I called Syed and they can make one to fit, solid color, all the armor, including back, for about $1000.00
My only issue is when I finish the school and for some crazy reason I don't really like the track thing I'm stuck with a set of leathers that are pretty much useless on the street.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
You say they don't RECOMMEND zipped-together leathers, not that they prohibit them. Go with what you've got until you're ready to make the purchase. On the other hand, you could borrow from a friend (a close, similarly-shaped friend, of course), or rent from kneeedraggers or some other such place.

If you decide to buy your own, ask that they treat your suit with asphalt repellent. ;D

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
motogpfan said:
My only issue is when I finish the school and for some crazy reason I don't really like the track thing I'm stuck with a set of leathers that are pretty much useless on the street.
i wouldn't be so sure about that. granted getting in and out of them is bigger pain in the butt, but i think you'll find that you really like the 1-piece for spirited street riding.

and the not liking the track thing aint gonna happen =)

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
I wear 2-piece Dainese leathers at all tracks. Unless they have specifically prohibited wearing them, wait and see what you think.

Having said that, I will eventually get some 1-piece leathers because there are some advantages getting in and out of them repeatedly during the day. And Syed makes some of the better ones. Close to home, also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.