Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the Ducati factory option Termignoni exhaust on my '09 696 Monster - about 10 years ago now.

This option came with a new ECU - presumably mapped for this exhaust.

The dash now displays "RACE" when the bike is turned on - alerting to the different ECU. I don't recall - but this ECU may not be street legal.

Since the original exhaust contained catalytic converters and the Termignoni cans do not, I've always suspected that this new ECU provided with the exhaust does not have "closed loop" quadrant necessary for catalytic converter operation - and that the O2 sensor is ignored.

If this is true, it might be an easy thing to add a PowerCommander with AutoTune.

Does anyone here have any idea about the ECU that Ducati provided with the Termignoni exhaust?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am inclined to agree and think the o2 sensors are disabled... try unplugging them and see if you get an error. Unless they are already removed:p

·
Registered
181 Posts
Unfortunately on the 696 the O2 sensors are still active even with the Termi ECU and you are running in closed loop.
You can buy O2 sensor eliminators to fool the ECU or get a Rexxer reflash with the option to have them off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately on the 696 the O2 sensors are still active even with the Termi ECU and you are running in closed loop.
You can buy O2 sensor eliminators to fool the ECU or get a Rexxer reflash with the option to have them off.
Thank you for that information. You're the first person I've heard make a definitive statement about it.

I'm curious - how did you come to figure this out?

Also curious - why the ECU would still have closed loop operation. After all - it was sold in a package with exhaust without a catalyst. Maybe just have to chalk it up to one of the mysteries of life.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts