Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;D well for all you people that were dissing me for making that trade offer, one of you guys went to the dark side. I GOT ME A 2002 S4 with the ducati performance upgrade (pipes (ter), ecu, etc) :)

Like I said in my previous post, I already own a 620 ie. I love the sound and the pull the S4 has, but I still have to say after riding the R6 2003 model, the R6 in the twisties handles better, has a better lean angle, and the is more "flickalbe" But that being said, I really LOVE the sound of the dry clutch and the rumble of the engine the S4 has.

I would say the R6 is more refined (inline 4 way smoother), but the S4 torque wise has alot to offer. I might put the true 916 cams in the S4 as my first upgrade to get up to Rev faster and get higher end power.

So, what should I do next ??? UPGRADES MAN, UPGRADES !!!

H

·
0 Posts
Congrats! Did you keep the "race day" bike? You have been bitten and now have the sickness! Try a sprocket change, 14T front or 39 rear(I think yours has a 15-37 combo?). Lightweight flywheel & clutch will bring up the revs more quickly, too!

S

·
0 Posts
which cams are you referring to? the SPS cams? what are you using to adjust the injection?
for gearing, stock in the US is 15/37. i found 14/39 to be real aggressive but nicely ridable. good stuff!

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts