Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was on the freeway today, finding myself particularly annoyed by the wind noise on my Arai helmet (Astral-X), I started moving my hand around trying to find what areas proved to be the major problem areas. As I have seen in many threads here, the cover plates by the ears seems to be the biggest culprit.

I pondered for a bit and a possible idea appeared. Has anyone tried to attach small strips of rubber to the right and left sides of the shield, up against these plates, to try and help deflect the air over rather than into this area? We're not talking much, maybe an 1/8" tall piece run from top to bottom. I would appreciate any feedback/input before I start driving all over looking for the proper material.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
you'll just move the area that makes the noise. the reason why you get noise in that area is because it's an obstruction to the wind, it's not smooth. if you put something to deflect the wind around it, THAT will be the obstruction.

first of all, do you wear earplugs? if not, it's the easiest solution and has the added benefit of protecting your hearing.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a set of Etymotic on order, they just haven't arrived yet. Looking for something that wouldn't require me to jam something into my ears (though I know the Etymotic work well as I have a set of their headphones that are a godsend on planes).

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
dwoodard said:
I have a set of Etymotic on order, they just haven't arrived yet. Looking for something that wouldn't require me to jam something into my ears (though I know the Etymotic work well as I have a set of their headphones that are a godsend on planes).
in the meantime, jam something in your ears.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried my fingers, but it was a bitch to do that and control the bike all at the same time. ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.