Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Those are really only usefull on a drag bike. If you had a Busa maybe worth it but on a 620 dont waste your money.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
1. Preload the shifter with pressure.
2. Back off throttle (don't have to close it)
3. Gear should pop right in
4. Roll back on gas
5. Smile :D

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
A speed shifter will do shifts MUCH faster than you can by hand, usually 1 bike length per shift. They are sensative to RPMs, & the cheap ones tend to need to be adjusted a lot. The best ones, however, take a rocket scientist to be able to set them up & are not fully waterproof.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
A speed shifter will do shifts MUCH faster than you can by hand, usually 1 bike length per shift. They are sensative to RPMs, & the cheap ones tend to need to be adjusted a lot. The best ones, however, take a rocket scientist to be able to set them up & are not fully waterproof.
Norm, I'm sure it's a hoot to just bang thru the gears, but I think for non-racers, it's a bit unnecessary.

But like many things Monster-accessorized, "Necessary" is becomes a relative term. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I agree, these days, I try to keep my bikes as simple as possible, & I no longer feel the need to be "king of the mountain". But I have used them on the street & the track, & they are really cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts