Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Cyclecat clipons are waiting for me at the dealer. My Speedymoto triples are ariving fedex tomorrow from motowheels.

Cyclecat just said March for my rearsets.

Motowheels has one set in stock.

Dealer doing 15% off CC stuff for me.

Motowheels discount about 10%

CC making black ones for me.

Motowheels has silver.

Do I have motowheels ship me the one set right now or wait for March for CC to make my set.

Talked to dealer and he doesn't mind either way as he's doing install for all my crap. I'm in Baltimore so riding season starts in March except for the couple nicer days.

Chris

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Easy killer... Just wait. Not liek rear sets are hard to do at all. A lot easier than your new Triples to get on...

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my real concern is that since the original estimate was 4 to 6 weeks, what happens when March becomes April or May

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
Our shelves for the Cycle Cat pieces are very bare. A lot of stuff is on backorder. It's been that way for the last few months.

I'd grab the silver ones and powder paint them black since the Cycle Cat black tend to turn purple anyway in the sun...

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought you might say that, Martin.

I waffled so much about the color anyway between black and silver so I think I'll go ahead and fill out the online order form and have you send me that last set.

Chris

·
Registered
277 Posts
Maybe those nice guys at motowheels can get you a good deal on some black powder coating.. They probably have some good connections.

·
Registered
128 Posts
What clip-ons are you going with? Are you going with the ones that mount below the top triple? Are you doing the upper and lower triples?

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
Statler said:
my real concern is that since the original estimate was 4 to 6 weeks, what happens when March becomes April or May
That exact thing happened to me. It ended up being May. I was :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:(

Matt from Motowheels just wrote. Internet stock list was off by one set. There are in fact none on his shelf. 10 to 12 weeks backordered.

Oh well.

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
They're good people at Cycle Cat. I've bought a lot of their products. My situation was pretty unusual, and after I expressed my disappointment in the situation, they recognized and owned the mistake and apologized.

I appreciated their conduct, even though I was bummed about missing a great early riding season in Maine last year.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have no ill will towards cyclecat at all. The clipons that came in look stunning and the rearsets I've seen in person look great too.

Backlog is backlog. It'll be great whenever it gets here and I'll post pics.

Chris has answered so many questions and concerns about clipons, rearsets, and triples for me that I will recommend them no matter.

patience is difficult.

Chris

Edit to add: just got off the phone with Chris. Nice chat about what is causing the current delay in manufacturing my rearsets. All good. As has been the case in the past, a pleasure to deal with.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts