Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When loolking at th picture of TPO's emission removal kit I see the two m5 x 5 mm screws (they call special fasteners), loctite for said screws, 2 washers(alloy spacers to fill the gap in the rearset(anybody know how thick is needed? My Q is about the Y adapter for the vent hoses- what is it for, as I can get the screws, spacers and y adapter for a few bucks at NAPA if I know what to do with it, thanks

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
I didnt use any "Y" adapters on my 02 620. Just the 2 screws and the small washers. ???

·
Registered
735 Posts
I wasn't about to pay for that kit either.

The spacers need to be 10mm thick to make up for what is lost on the bracket. The Y connector was the tough one to find. The Y connector I used was from a robot EOAT supplier for a 6mm tube. It is to connect the drain and the vent tube into the same line so you don't have two lines going down to the swingarm. It ran me $1.43. IF you need one, let me know I can PM you a conntact or send you one. It was perfect for the 6mm hose already on the train tube.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for the y-connector, you can even get creative with the parts you're pulling off the bike. the tubing that goes between the throttle bodies has a t-fitting that you can harvest for this purpose.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another quick Q, if there is a vent tube that runs to the canister and another one venting to the atomosphere, wouldn't basic gas laws state that gas vapor would follow the path of least resistance making the canister pretty much useless?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts