Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I've read the polls and see that most of you prefer Termignoni as far as aftermarket exhausts/slip ons. Could you please give me a good website to review the products available. I'm interested in looking into Carbon Fiber High Mounts. Could you please give me a good website? Also, anybody with advice/opinions regarding this product, or anybody with a picture, it'd be greatly appretiated! Thank you all. Ride safe.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Termignoni pipes are among the loudest and best looking pipes. They're not likely to give you more power than a dozen other good brands of pipes, though.

Go to google.com and type in "ducati termignoni", and you'll get a big list of places that sell them. Be sure to choose one that sponsors this web site.

M

·
0 Posts
I am thinking of modding my 620 w/ Termi pipes also, but not sure if they'll really make much of a difference (relative to cost).

Does anyone know if the Termi slip-ons would make noticible differences in sound? performance? (for a 620 Monster)

M

·
0 Posts
Termis are nice but you wont notice much in performance gains. Check out the Sils! They are just as loud if not louder and much lighter. Best of all half the price and looks just as nice!

M

·
0 Posts
Here we go again. Where do you get this info? True: Sils are cheaper, just as loud, and look great. Not true: "much lighter". I have owned both and they weigh about the same. Termi's have better construction (IMO) and certainly a better mounting system. Nothing wrong with the Sil's i would buy them again but wanted the full termi system this time around. Also NO exhaust system is going to add a bunch of performance gains. They do however get your bike breathing for when you do mod the motor.
I see we are going to butt heads again. The Sils are shorter than the Termis and we are compairing slip ons right? I was looking at new cans last month and held both in my hands and found the Sil lighter. But who cares! It's all about the sound and quality of the pipe. Only concern is getting parts if you have a bunk can from Sil.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not to get off the subject guys, but.... website? pics? opinion? You stop your arguing or I'm going to turn this car right around! ;D

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I have DP Remus high mount cf on my bike. The way I see it, having that Ducati name on the pipe is a little extra insurance in case a cop pulls me over. The whole " modifications which cause the bike to be louder than 86 db are prohibited" All you gotta say is that it is a stock muffler. KNow what I mean...I will try to finger out how to get a pic in here for you. Be right back.
oh well, I am retarded. I can figure out how to get the pic on here. My ride is on page 36 of member bikes.
They pipes actually do sat DUCATI PERFORMANCE on them. I dont know about the db being listed on them. People say I am just as loud, of not louder than some Harleys, I can set off car alarms, and piss people off trying to talk on their cell phones.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts