Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
it's all relative.

fast compared to what? a gsxr600? no. a suzuki sv650? probably pretty close. a ninja 250? sure!

·
Registered
355 Posts
To riff a bit on HyperM3's response, mine yields pretty much equal GPM* ;D to my Boxster S and Audi A3 3.2 Quattro. And I like both of them an awful lot...

* GPM = Grins per Mile

Now if I only had a freakin' garage!!!!!!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Zcat 07 said:
To riff a bit on HyperM3's response, mine yields pretty much equal GPM* ;D to my Boxster S and Audi A3 3.2 Quattro. And I like both of them an awful lot...

* GPM = Grins per Mile

Now if I only had a freakin' garage!!!!!!
Spend some of that cash on a garage brother!!

Perhaps you can't build where you live?

Two years ago I had a two car garage built so that I could get my bikes out of my basement............I keep bikes in the garage in the warm months...can't keep my babies in the cold during the winter...they are back in the basement........Seldom used '72' Spitfire on one side and seldom my truck on the other...never installed a garage door opener so it is a pain in the butt to park the truck in there unless snow is predicted.

So as not to thread jack:
To the original poster...you most likely are not able to ride the 695 to it's potential (not running you down, just a pretty true statement for most modern bikes and the average rider) so it most likely would be fast enough for you. Hey...what's another 8 grand or so?? Get a 1098 ordered and don't worry about speed/HP numbers...

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
I've been on rides with all sorts of bikes - S2R's, S4R's, 749's, 999's, Gixxer's, R1's, Cbr's, Speed Triples, GS1200's, etc. And out all those bikes and out of all those rides I had no trouble at all keeping up or leaving behind ;D. Like the old saying goes - It's the rider not the bike. Besides, when you're in the twisties it doesn't matter you ride (as long as it's not a cruiser), going fast there is all rider.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
goldenchild said:
I've been on rides with all sorts of bikes - S2R's, S4R's, 749's, 999's, Gixxer's, R1's, Cbr's, Speed Triples, GS1200's, etc. And out all those bikes and out of all those rides I had no trouble at all keeping up or leaving behind ;D. Like the old saying goes - It's the rider not the bike. Besides, when you're in the twisties it doesn't matter you ride (as long as it's not a cruiser), going fast there is all rider.
and don't forget that if you're riding with a bunch of people who leave you behind, you need to find another group to ride with :-X

1 - 12 of 12 Posts