Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99' 900 monster that I recently purchased an aftermarket tachometer for. Well Installation was going pretty well until I tried connecting the electrical hook up from the tach to the bike. Well the female end wouldn't go through the hole in the back of the tach housing. I was wondering if any of you ran into this problem. Should I cut a larger hole or do i need to break the connection down more. Any input would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
555 Posts
they expect you to break the connector down.
hey your tach.
your bike
whatever it takes to make you happy ;D
what tach did you get?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's called a road racing or road racer. Fast by Ferracci caries it and they were selling it on e-bay. I just hooked up the electrical wires without connecting the face plate. Wow I never realized how easy I was being on the bike. I was just trying to judge my rpm's based on engine sound and with Marvings aftermarket pipes it sounded really loud at 4.5K. Know I know I can push her a lot more. I think I'll end up cutting the rest of the wires and feeding them through the hole backwards. I think that is what was originally intended.

T

·
0 Posts
My DP tach died and I have been pissed ever since.

I judge the RPM on powerband. I hope that I not reving to high. I usually change when there is no more power from it.

Tom

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I hear ya, I think I am being too easy on my machine also. I would love a tach..... I've seen a few tach kits for $350, looks like the one in the DP catalog. The FBF tach kit is very nice also.

Dents, if you don't mind me asking... how much did you pay for your tach kit?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't mean to gloat but I got my road racing tach kit for $300. Actually 300 is a lot even if I did get a good deal. ;)

D

·
0 Posts
Here is my DP Spider Tach, let me know what you think, I love it, it looks so much better then the stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts