Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99' 900 monster that I recently purchased an aftermarket tachometer for. Well Installation was going pretty well until I tried connecting the electrical hook up from the tach to the bike. Well the female end wouldn't go through the hole in the back of the tach housing. I was wondering if any of you ran into this problem. Should I cut a larger hole or do i need to break the connection down more. Any input would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's called a road racing or road racer. Fast by Ferracci caries it and they were selling it on e-bay. I just hooked up the electrical wires without connecting the face plate. Wow I never realized how easy I was being on the bike. I was just trying to judge my rpm's based on engine sound and with Marvings aftermarket pipes it sounded really loud at 4.5K. Know I know I can push her a lot more. I think I'll end up cutting the rest of the wires and feeding them through the hole backwards. I think that is what was originally intended.

G

·
My DP tach died and I have been pissed ever since.

I judge the RPM on powerband. I hope that I not reving to high. I usually change when there is no more power from it.

Tom

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't mean to gloat but I got my road racing tach kit for $300. Actually 300 is a lot even if I did get a good deal. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.