Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 6'2" and a lean 200lb and desparate for a Monster. But when I went and sat on a friends 620ie I must say I felt pretty cramped in the riding position. He told me that if I got a 750s it had an inch more height which might be more comfortable. So my question is - is this right?
* Also, is the 750s also called the Senna model? Or is the senna model just referring to the colour scheme.
* And what would be a fair price for a newish 750s (eg 2001-02 model) with less than say 5,000 miles on the clock.

Hoping for some good news - and email me if anyone there has one (or maybe a red 800, I think they have higher seats as well) for sale.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
it has to do with the taper of the seat. The dark versions of the 620 have a shaved or tapered seat where on a 750S for example you can see a more pronounced "edge" on each side. It is noticeable..
You could have a custom seat done that could add an inch to give you more leg room.
"Senna" refers to the silver paint/red wheel combo..

·
Registered
62 Posts
It was my understanding that the 600/620 had the lower seats. All others had higher seats.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
It's true it was only the smallest Monster came with the tapered seat and typicaly just the Dark but honestly all seats will interchange from 00 onward. The price of a stock seat is not too scary either (under $200) compared to Corbin or Sargents

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I used to own an '02 m750s (it was a senna: grey with red wheels). One of the reasons I bought it was that it rode 1" higher than other monsters. I read about it on Ducati.com. They said that the extra height gave it more ability to corner with increased lean angles. Obviously the result of riding higher is that you scrape the ground less easily when leaning, in addition to the bike being more accomodating to a tall rider.

Unfortunately though, even the s model isnt really that great for a tall person. I found that my knees hardly fit in the indentation in the tank(im 6'). Also, I have seen some pictures of people on monsters who make the bike look small... I think this is one of the drawbacks of the monster: it is not a very big bike. I ride a 900 now, which I think has the same size frame, and am very happy with it.
You should be ok with a 750s, but dont expect it to be the perfect size for your body. I dont think that any bike other than an HD will fit a 6'2" frame very well.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
My bro is 6'3"... He finds my Monster a bit cramped, but is pretty comfortable on his `96 900 SS.

I'll admit that even at my modest 5' 11", my (square headlight) SS is 'barcolounger comfortable' compared to my Monster 750.

--Fillmore

·
Registered
555 Posts
depending on how bad you want a monster...
you could raise the bike(less bent knees at a stop) by lengthening the linkage rod in the back and raising the trees on the forks.
put st2/4/4s foot pegs on (mono only) and you will gain some knee to tank room.
re-spring the bike, the stock springs are good for a 150lb rider so puting the proper springs on (for your weight) will raise the bike probably an inch or so.
cheers

M

·
0 Posts
I am 6'4" 190 and I just got a 620 last Saturday. It felt a little cramped at first, but I'm used to already. Super happy with my decision. On the other hand, I haven't ridden for more the 45 minutes at a time yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts