Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have been thinking about what i want to do to the bike this winter, and a tail chop is first on the list. An idea a had but have never seen done before is to but two small round blinkers in the holes of the frame that you would normally put the plugs is. Anyone seen this done? Let me know if its doable.

Dan

·
Registered
735 Posts
One of the guys on the board out of CA did it a while back. It looks really cool. I believe they were small LED units made by Watsen Designs and I don't think they are available anymore. Watsen Designs does make some cool small LED lights that I happen to have on my bike now, just not exactly what you are looking for. Google the name and e-mail them, they might make a set for you, you never know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
speedfreak20 said:
OK, I have been thinking about what i want to do to the bike this winter, and a tail chop is first on the list. An idea a had but have never seen done before is to but two small round blinkers in the holes of the frame that you would normally but the plugs is. Anyone seen this done? Let me know if its doable.

Dan
I'm not exactly sure where you are talking about (but the plugs is?), but I'm not really a gear head. I have these mini black lights that are intwined in the frame a bit and hooked into somewhere. My engine glows purple at night. Pretty cool. I'd have to ask my mechanic (my husband) where he got them and how he did it, but I'm not sure if that is what you all are talking about.

-Carrie

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha sorry Carrie, i didn't even think to proof read at 6 this morning, lol i was still sleeping. But thanks for the input, it was a lot of help

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I was going to do that on my first Monster but sold it before I got around to it. It shouldn't be very difficult. You may run into a resistance issue with led signals. Alot of them don't have enough resistance for the circuit and result in flashing too fast. That can be resolved easily by putting resistors in the circuit but I just wanted to give you a heads up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts