Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am about to convert my forks to the SBK showas and was wondering if you guys used clip-ons that mount above or below the triple tree. I know I want ones with risers and I also know I won't pay 350 for the cycle cat adjustables. Just wondering which mounting method you guys went with.

R

·
0 Posts
well I went with woodcrafts above the triple because they were available in 53mm and they have no rise.....I had Vortex before and thought they were nice but the distributer didn't list 53mm, I am sure they must exist but I was in a hurry or I would have went with those since I liked the previous ones but the woodcrafts are nice too, but because of their clamp shape I have no adjustment left to pull the bars in closer as the clamp would then hit the tank...I had to go above the triple because the stock headlight
bracket on my 00 m900 is in the way....c cat is working on a 53mm fix for their clips for that so I could go under and get lower......
I have previously had DP clip ons which were very nice and they had a riser and you should be able to find those as take offs off an SBK also somewhere...they also had to go on top as they would not clear the triple clamp stock or c cat's....If you want a rise I would suggest looking at the DP ones..they are also beautiful to look at too....so far all of the clip ons I have put on have worked with stock cabling....oh yeah the DP's would prolly have to go above also as I don't think it will clear the triple assuming you are using a c cat for your conversion...at least that was the case with the smaller diameter forks when trying to go under with stock or c cat triple.....I assume it would be the same with SBK's.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Daryl,

Which clipons did you end up going with? I'm in the middle of the whole SBK fork thing myself and have been trying to figure out what triple and clip-ons to get. Any words of advice would be appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts