Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I bought a used 97M900 with K&N filter, open airbox lid, high comp pistons and D&D exhaust. Some of this I was told and some I can see with my own eyes. The D&D carbon pipes had small holes getting larger so I bought a set of stock cans from EBAY. I installed the stock cans and the bike screams where before it was just OK. Question is this, what kind of performance would you expect out of my bike with the parts listed and no jet kit? I dont know if it has a jet kit or not. I am leaning to the no kit because of the power with the stock cans. ???

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
hi J2,

well, if you had a jet kit that was set slightly lean and then you went to the stock cans, then you "rejetted" the bike to be slightly richer. also... ducati 2v engines like having loooong mufferls. 18 inches are the best.

you can verify hi comp pistons by pulling a spark plug and get a micro flashlight and stick it in the hole. if you see raised dome on top, then you have high comps. if it's flat on top, they're stock.

to see if there's a jet kit requires the removal of the airbox... then you lift the carbs and remove the carb tops and then pull out the slide+diaphragm. remove the needle and if it has clips, you've got a jet kit.

:) chris

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Chris. ;) It will probably be a while before I remove the crabs to see about the jet kit. I like the power for now, it lifts the front end through 3rd without trying, sweeeeet. ;D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts