Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a 2 piece suit, but my sizing is really weird.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Vanson and Gericke cater to smaller sizes, check them out. Also, you may want to look into custom.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When they talk about arm length they are talking from between the blades aren't they... if that is the case my arms are 28"!! :-/

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
I recommend taking a look at www.helimot.com and following the links to the section on womens' gear.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
When I ordered my Aerostich they asked for chest,height,weight,waist,inseam. When I was measured for my leathers they did the arm measurements. I think it depends on what type of fabric material is being used. I think Mark's info is good. Check out www.aerostich.com
Michael Moore has the 2 piece darien which is very nice and affords you good protection as well as being waterproof :)

H

·
0 Posts
Let me know if you need any help taking further measurements! I'm always willing to lend a helping hand! ;D

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Stinker ;)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
R

·
0 Posts
if ya go to Manley they can tell what up....and or measure you so you would know...last time I was there they had some groovey girl stuff from vanson...maybe even a pink cobra....if you do end up with the vanson
I highly recommend the perf combi style....they have panels to open or close to use the perfs....works good here, worked even better there...
You are putting DesmoDiva on the back right?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maybe even a pink cobra....

You are putting DesmoDiva on the back right?
#1... I HATE Pink!!!

#2... That may be a possibility!! That way everyone will know who's passing them up!!! ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Desmodiva,
I ordered my custom two piece from www.tigerangel.com and I'm happy with the quality of the construction and armor.
Lori

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it going to hlp me more if I have someone else do my measurements for me...(I'm talking about the bust and hip area) or can I get an accurate measure ment if I'm doing it myself??

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is your avatar a pic of you on your bike Herb??

H

·
0 Posts
If that's not a "loaded" question, yes, it's me. If it IS a loaded question, I have no idea who it is! ;D

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No... it was not a "loaded" question. Didn't know what you looked like, so I was just curious. Of course... I still don't know what you look like, but... it give's me a slight idea. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Is it going to hlp me more if I have someone else do my measurements for me...(I'm talking about the bust and hip area) or can I get an accurate measure ment if I'm doing it myself??
I measured myself for a Vanson (which I just got today), which was about 15 or 20 measurements. Doing the chest/waist stuff was easy if you use a mirror to be sure you're getting it right. Measuring your own arms or across your own back can be an issue though (there were several measurements including top of humerus to wrist, armpit to wrist, and across the shoulders, plus some "check measurements").

If you're thinking about Vanson, they'll send you a measuring kit that includes a tape and an elastic belt that helps hold one end of the tape while you take measurements.

My GF and several female friends are all avid sportbikers, and most of the women I know can't get a good fit off the rack. It seems like they make womens suits with the same philosohpy as mens suits, which is chest size directly proportional to height (or vice versa). So, unless you're 7' tall, you're probably going to be more comfortable in a custom suit. ;)

I know some people who have had good luck with Tiger Angel, and the exchange rate with the Aussie dollar makes those a good deal.

I'm also super impressed with the quality of my new Vanson. It fits me great even though I can't wear an off the rack Vanson jacket.

--Fillmore

H

·
0 Posts
This is me with my twin sisters...LOL I measured them for their suits, so I can probably help you, too!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You willing to fly to Minnesota to help me out?? :eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts