Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've installed a slip-on exhaust and now my bike is running a little lean. It doesn't pop or cough when I'm on or off the throttle, but it does run poorly when cold and can be a little hard to start. I've ordered a Power Commander to remedy the situtation. My question is whether it's potentially harmful to my bike to ride it before I get the PC installed and sorted.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Hey Pet.
You might wanna try to play with the mixture screws a little.If you unscrew them a little it might help.
The monster is lean from the get go to meet EPA requirments, by putting slip-on you probably put the beast on the edge.
Your best bet (some1 correct me if I'm wrong) is to install a jet kit.
Mdark750

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Jet kits are for carbureted bikes, the S4 has fuel injection.

I wouldn't worry about riding it unless it's lean under full throttle. It's going to run a little hotter when lean, but with your water cooled engine that shouldn't be too much of a concern either. If you only notice it when the bike is cold, there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Ops my bad :( ,
I still ride my old carburated monster

S

·
0 Posts
as long as you keep your airbox lid in tact, you should be fine in the meantime but try to avoid bumper-to-bumper traffic. from what i recall from my dyno-run, the OEM mixture is leanest around idle so puttering along in conjested roadways'll prolly be the worst situation until you get your FI sorted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts