Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rear shock with an external reservoir, and would like to rotate the banjo bolt so the tube that goes from the shock to the reservoir goes out to the left side rather than the right side. Can I do that? I was worried about depressurizing the thing.

·
Registered
538 Posts
One of the techs at BCM said I could do the same thing to my Ohlins shock. From my experience though, these things are ON there and the first release of tension is rapid. I would hate to overcome the friction and loosen the pressure so the oil came out to any degree.

In other words, it is completely possible but I wouldn't trust myself to do it. YMMV.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Probably best to depressurize the reservoir, then orient the hose the way you want it.
Then get it repressurized.
That should be pretty low $ to get that done.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I messed with my ohlins external hose, wasn't pretty and cost me some money to fix :-X

it's doable, but my mistake came when I retightened the bolt on the banjo - torqued it down too hard and ended up cracking the soft aluminum banjo, no good at ALL...

speeddog's advice is good, or just have someone else do it, OR just live with it :p

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
hiero said:
I messed with my ohlins external hose, wasn't pretty and cost me some money to fix :-X

it's doable, but my mistake came when I retightened the bolt on the banjo - torqued it down too hard and ended up cracking the soft aluminum banjo, no good at ALL...

speeddog's advice is good, or just have someone else do it, OR just live with it :p
Don't feel bad, mine cracked and I never touched it. That hose is big bucks.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I screwed around with mine when installing and did loose just a litle oil. It's not like brake/clutch due to the pressure. I concur that depressurizing/repressurizing is prolly safest.

Sad thing is that in the end, I ended up with the as-delivered config. Just couldn't get it to work the way I wanted. :-\

1 - 7 of 7 Posts