Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys I know this is a bit vague. I'm relaying info from a friend on a system I haven't seen in person yet.

Got the ex box and he's having trouble figuring how to get it to fit. Says a header pipe looks 3-4 in too long. Anyone have any problems like that installing theirs?

Any general advice on how to get this thing installed? I saw one post about 2 people and a rubber mallet. I'm taking my big one w/ me, so at least that part will be covered. ;D

ANY advice on how to get this installed correctly is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Quat-D Ex box S4R install help needed - now w/ a tip

We got it figured out. He had it most of the way figured out by the time I got there. Four hand s really help. move one thing, and another wants to shift.

One tip..... where the cat is bolted on. Take out the bolts, and you'll see that the bolts go into another bolt w/ an allen head. You have to take out the allen head bolt to slide the QD replacement bolt in place. Put in an allen wrench and tap it lightly w/ a hammer to set it. If you don't get it in all the way, either the bolt or (in our case) the allen wrench will try to round off.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you have any problems, please give us a call here at the shop. We've done a few of them.
We got it installed. Thanks for the offer though. If we hadn't gotten it figured out, I was going to call you today, since he got it from you guys.

Great service by the way. Placed the order online, and a week later a box shows up. Not bad for having to get nearly all the way across the country. Glad you guys are part of the DML !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts