Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

This year the Quail Motorcycle Gathering will have a special display celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Monster. If you’ve never been to this event, it is pretty special and this year would be a great opportunity to do a Monster meetup/ride/gathering surrounding the event. In short, I am thinking we could organize a ride with two legs (SoCal and NorCal) that come together somewhere in Carmel or Monterey in the days prior to the event. I can work on finding a host hotel, dinner spots, riding routes, etc., but wanted to gauge interest. If you’re interested, respond to this thread and as things develop, I will add details here.

Here’s some info on the Quail Motorcycle Gathering:

Date: Saturday, May 4, 2013
Time: 10:00am – 3:30pm

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheQuailMotorcycleGathering
Website: http://signatureevents.peninsula.com/en/Motorcycle/Motorcycle.html

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Sounds really f**king cool. I'ld have to take the time off but seeing as it's the Monsters B-Day and all I should be able to make it!!

·
Premium Member
856 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Any more info?
Ride?
Anyone else goin?

·
Premium Member
856 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I started a meetup group for the event. I am still dialing in the final details, but click here to see how things are shaking out!

FYI: Ducati has organized for Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca to open up the track for us to do some parade laps the Friday before the event!

·
Premium Member
856 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
I wish I knew. Our loose itinerary is leave early on the 2nd to point TBD. then play it by ear. My wife and I have to have a sit down to plan. But gosh darn it we'll be there. Sadly not bringing her bike and she just wants to putt around and relax. Again we need to plan.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just secured a host hotel in Monterey for Friday and Saturday night with a special rate of $139/night! Here’s the info:

Host Hotel in Monterey
Dates: Friday, May 3 & Saturday, May 4, 2013
Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa
Special Ducati Rate: $139/night
1 Old Golf Course Road
Monterey, CA 93940
Tel: (831) 372-1234
Click Here to book with the preferred rate:
https://resweb.passkey.com/go/DucatiNorthAmerica2013

Note: Reservations must be made by Friday April, 26 in order to secure this rate.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
West Coast Monster Gathering Update

Great news about parking at The Quail Motorcycle Gathering!

On the day of the event, Ducati Monster owners will have the most premium parking at the event, a designated area on the fairway grass directly in front of the main entrance. Ducati will provide kickstand pucks. Lets represent with an army of Monsters!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We’re one week out and have more than 30 riders planning to join throughout the trip. Would be great to have more! Right now, the group doing the trip in its entirety (Newport to Carmel) is about 10 folks. Where are the SoCal Monster folks at?

·
Premium Member
856 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Bump. 55 people going so far!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts