Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Carbon Rim Automotive lighting
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle White Automotive tire Light

I just installed this today. It's the Quad Lock Pro mount, which comes with a case ($99)... plus 3 things: (1) the Quad Lock Vibration Dampener ($20) and (2) the Quad Lock Charging Head ($75) and (3) Waterproof 12V To USB Smart Adaptor ($40). Well, I also got the tempered glass ($15) instead of the "Rain Poncho" because the company said that disrupts the touch screen, not that I'm touching it while I ride. But If I pull over to check something, having to remove a glove is enough, I didn't want to also have to remove a rain poncho. Altogether it was $265 to get all the Quad Lock stuff I wanted. It seems to work great. I went on a ride today and it seems stable --- no I must say, I did notice that with the Vibration Dampener and the Charing Head stacked on top of each other, it does have a little bit of a "floppiness" to it - and that was only at 45 mph... So at high speed I'm not sure I'm gonna like it... We'll see.

I had the SP Connect before... I got it at the Ducati NYC dealership - they have a partnership. BUT I was kinda pissed because the SP Connect system DOESN'T work if you have an iPhone 12 or later (unless you hardwire to battery, apparently though I didn't try). Apparently Apple changed something about the phone in 12s and later, and so the SP Connect system I had (a case and mounting hardware, which was like $200) didn't work with it -- and I had just spend another $60 on the SP Connect Wireless Charing Module - so a waste of $260, which reminds me I should sell it I guess to someone who has older iPhone). I talked to SP Connect people, they were communicative and helpful (to a point) but ultimately, I would have had to hardwire directly to battery rather than use SAE to USB - which I didn't want to do because I didn't want any potential battery drain. SP Connect had a somewhat evasive answer about why it wasn't working (they blamed Apple, and wrote 6 paragraphs about QI tech and Quick Charge technology blah blah but avoided coming right out to say: our product has limitations due to Apple's new upgrades in iPhone 12 and later).

SP Connect was very stable, and I used it at very high speed with no problems, and no damage to my phone camera... so I was kinda bummed and annoyed I had to switch.

Time will tell what is better for me with my particular phone and bike - a 797.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
View attachment 228910 View attachment 228911

I just installed this today. It's the Quad Lock Pro mount, which comes with a case ($99)... plus 3 things: (1) the Quad Lock Vibration Dampener ($20) and (2) the Quad Lock Charging Head ($75) and (3) Waterproof 12V To USB Smart Adaptor ($40). Well, I also got the tempered glass ($15) instead of the "Rain Poncho" because the company said that disrupts the touch screen, not that I'm touching it while I ride. But If I pull over to check something, having to remove a glove is enough, I didn't want to also have to remove a rain poncho. Altogether it was $265 to get all the Quad Lock stuff I wanted. It seems to work great. I went on a ride today and it seems stable --- no I must say, I did notice that with the Vibration Dampener and the Charing Head stacked on top of each other, it does have a little bit of a "floppiness" to it - and that was only at 45 mph... So at high speed I'm not sure I'm gonna like it... We'll see.

I had the SP Connect before... I got it at the Ducati NYC dealership - they have a partnership. BUT I was kinda pissed because the SP Connect system DOESN'T work if you have an iPhone 12 or later (unless you hardwire to battery, apparently though I didn't try). Apparently Apple changed something about the phone in 12s and later, and so the SP Connect system I had (a case and mounting hardware, which was like $200) didn't work with it -- and I had just spend another $60 on the SP Connect Wireless Charing Module - so a waste of $260, which reminds me I should sell it I guess to someone who has older iPhone). I talked to SP Connect people, they were communicative and helpful (to a point) but ultimately, I would have had to hardwire directly to battery rather than use SAE to USB - which I didn't want to do because I didn't want any potential battery drain. SP Connect had a somewhat evasive answer about why it wasn't working (they blamed Apple, and wrote 6 paragraphs about QI tech and Quick Charge technology blah blah but avoided coming right out to say: our product has limitations due to Apple's new upgrades in iPhone 12 and later).

SP Connect was very stable, and I used it at very high speed with no problems, and no damage to my phone camera... so I was kinda bummed and annoyed I had to switch.

Time will tell what is better for me with my particular phone and bike - a 797.

wow!!! Definitely going with that set up! How’s the wireless charger working? Fast charge capability?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts