Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PULP now down to $1.15.9. per ltr :eek:...........Watcha paying down there in the big smoke??

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course.....carbies not efi and every bit of octane helps >:D

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
Juzzie said:
Hope you arent using Premium in the monster?

why not??? i run premium all the time in both bikes with no problems at all. and don't tell me about the combustion chamber getting carboned up cos i just did a rebuild on my 888 and it was fine inside.

·
Registered
474 Posts
why wouldnt you run premium?
for the extra few cents it costs per litre for a tank full is bugger all.
i've only ever used BP Ultimate 98.
is this ok?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I use 95 or 98 octane.
Always have on ALL my bikes.
They run better and go further so it costs no more.

G

·
I've run all types of fuel in my machine...... well.... OK, not diesel, and to be frank, I've not noticed any bloody difference.

Cars: I could really tell in my Subaru when on the high octane, and ditto with my vtec Honda donk
Bike: whatever?

maybe I don't have a refined sense with the bike yet, maybe I'm a fool, maybe I'm a bit of both :p

YMMV

·
Registered
318 Posts
goldFiSh said:
I've run all types of fuel in my machine...... well.... OK, not diesel, and to be frank, I've not noticed any bloody difference.

Cars: I could really tell in my Subaru when on the high octane, and ditto with my vtec Honda donk
Bike: whatever?

maybe I don't have a refined sense with the bike yet, maybe I'm a fool, maybe I'm a bit of both :p

YMMV
I could definately tell the difference in power with a TRX850 a owned once, and it went an extra 40 K's per tank full consistantly.
My monster has only been run on 98. Needs all the power it can get [laugh]

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
I run the '94 900 on standard ULP. Goes better I think.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have only ever run BP ultimate 98 in my s4 with no probs.

paid $1.17 here in Warwick on the weekend. normal ulp about 10 cents cheaper. diesel for my guzzling cruiser about $1.22

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hmm well I have had bad experience with Premium and shell fuels. Played havoc with the 999 (fowled plugs) and never touched either since.
I try my darndest to stick to Mobil/Quix or Caltex you beut standard unleaded. Shell fuels _are_ denser.
Maybie Ron might have a better angle on this one.

More to the point paid $1.24 for Optimax in Ultimo for the car.

G

·
Juzzie said:
I drove past Ron's today and man did he have a parking lot full'o'bikes.

This prompted me to call him regarding how long I would need to book in advance. Although busy as shite, he's never to busy to talk [thumbsup]

Anyway I doubt he's going to have much time in the near future to DML!

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
Juzzie said:
Hmm well I have had bad experience with Premium and shell fuels. Played havoc with the 999 (fowled plugs) and never touched either since.
I try my darndest to stick to Mobil/Quix or Caltex you beut standard unleaded. Shell fuels _are_ denser.

More to the point paid $1.24 for Optimax in Ultimo for the car.

i definitely agree with you on optimax, that stuff is trouble in bikes.........

·
Registered
403 Posts
BEEN TOLD SHELL PREMIUM (OPIMAX) IS FOR FI SYSTEMS AND NOT TO RUN IT IN BIKES. I DID ONCE ON S2R800 AND IT WENT ALRIGHT I USUALLY RUN HIGH OCTANE BECAUSE PRICE IS NO BIGGY WHEN YOU ONLY USE 5LT PER DAY (FOR ME ANYWAY) HAVE USED ALL AND NO POWER DIFFERENCE. AS FOR WHAT IS THE PRICE QUESTION,, $1.35 TO $1.15 DEPENDING ON DAY. FOR ULTIMATE BP. SO LONG AS I'M NOT DRIVING A BOX I DONT CARE ABOUT PRICE.

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
I have been runing the Mid grade fuels 95... and as slob said, the price is ****ing different depending on what day it is.

G

·
loony888 said:
i definitely agree with you on optimax, that stuff is trouble in bikes.........
not disputing you fellas at all, but before I was enlightened (do you call this pre DML?) I put a few tanks of optimax into the 04 M800.

No issues at all FWIW. YMMV...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Nick, the Shell fuel is denser one or two tanks here or there you might not notice. I happen to be a bit more of a fan boy when it comes to doing things.
So my purist attitude at the pump got my pugs fowled.

G

·
Juzzie said:
Nick, the Shell fuel is denser one or two tanks here or there you might not notice. I happen to be a bit more of a fan boy when it comes to doing things.
So my purist attitude at the pump got my pugs fowled.
Yeah right, makes sense....

I tend to (now) stick away from shell alltogether after reading a few horror stories.... Actually the first ride with a DMLr I was to go on didn't happen due to bad shell fuel....

and there was me, thinking that the bastard just stood me up.... damn online web forum thingys, you only meet weirdos on them ;) At least I was right about that ;D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts