Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small (size of a quarter) dent in the top of my 97 M900's gas tank and it seems to me it should be "pullable", but I'm not having much luck with my handy dandy (As seen on TV) glue on dent puller. It's noticably smaller than it was, but it still won't pop all the way out. Any suggestions? Any experience with "paintless dent removal" tools and techniques? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :-/

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
I had a few dings in my car taken out some time back.. the guy (DentPros or something like that) showed up at work with a van full of tools. Did a great job. had to take off some interior panels to get behid the dent and work on it (they basically push it out from the opposite end with some fancy tools and sighting equipment...).

Well worth the money since buying the tools alone would cost hundreds of dollars. I looked at the tools since I just got another ding in my car.. I hate dings...

As far as the dent on the tank... I think if they can get to it from the opening of the gas cap, they could probably do a good job.. worth getting an estimate.

H

·
0 Posts
Speaking from experience, once you get the filler neck out of the tank, there's alot of room to get to most "standard issue" Ducati dents. My favorite part was the fUmEs! Paintless dent guys can get it just about perfect for about 50 bucks. Just don't let them sniff the fumes! :p

M

·
0 Posts
Definitely check with some of the mobile dent guys in your area. I work for a car dealership and we have a guy whose business is called Dent Magic. It's totally amazing what this guy can do, all for minimal $$$. It should be no problemo. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts