Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
That's just silly! I hope no one had even a minor fall during that shoot. Though if someone did, they'd deserve the injuries for not wearing proper gear. South of Wales huh? Whelp, that explains the day glo quality of their skin.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mostrobelle said:
Hey - take it easy on the flesh-tone. Most of us Anglophiles don't have the perk of having pigment in our skin. [cheeky]
You've got color MB! Compare to them, you are a person of color!

KT said:
And the ads make a good point, what do we have to do to get drivers to pay attention?
I like the idea of carrying something heavy - like a kryptonite bike lock - and throwing it through their windshield to get their attention. I dated a bicyclist who did that once. Aaahhhh...we had good times he and I ;D I was toying with the idea of kicking up roadkill onto cars, but one would have to have roadkill at the right place and the right time. Plus MB says she did that once and it seemed to get over her boot more than anything.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
My big idea is to let all teenagers ride 150cc or less bikes at age 14, with no car driving until 18. This would have two effects: 1) there would be more riders on the road and people would be thinking about their kids when they saw a rider, and 2) when those kids grew up they'd be better drivers and would know to look for motorcyclists.

Oh, and I wouldn't have to worry about ditzy teenagers in SUVs anymore! [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Hey man, I saw a Britishy looking flag somewhere on the ads, made my requisite snide comment here and moved on. I don't have time for these things you call "learnin" and "geography." Besides, my Anglophile remark wasn't too far off...Britain dumped a good portion of its prisoner population there to get things rolling. I'm still right, if you go back a couple hundred years... [laugh]

·
Registered
191 Posts
Michael Moore said:
My big idea is to let all teenagers ride 150cc or less bikes at age 14, with no car driving until 18. This would have two effects: 1) there would be more riders on the road and people would be thinking about their kids when they saw a rider, and 2) when those kids grew up they'd be better drivers and would know to look for motorcyclists.
I love this idea! But I have a feeling with the overall self-righteous and "How can I absolve myself of responsibility?" attitude in the states, I think a large enough amount of those kids would just grow up being vocal on how riding a motorbike is crazy and dangerous. Don't get me wrong! I'd love to see this in action but I have a feeling it would harbor the same reactions gov't officials get when asked if they would put their own kids in the military and have them go to war for this country. Really good idea MM! [clap]

·
Registered
769 Posts
how much law would i be breaking if i mount a paintball gun on my bike and use it sometimes to get attention?

+1 for MM - train them early [thumbsup]

·
Registered
191 Posts
bigiain said:
We keep hearing jokes about how Americans think Austria is in Texas, but I have to pick you up on this one...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_South_Wales

;)
Awwwwwww SNAP! I just got served with a much deserved lesson in geography! :eek: But I still stand by my comment. Yo' folk is day glo! Ya'll need some more melanin [cheeky]

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Monkey vs Robot said:
Awwwwwww SNAP! I just got served with a much deserved lesson in geography! :eek: But I still stand by my comment. Yo' folk is day glo! Ya'll need some more melanin [cheeky]
Hey it's supposed to be us iggernant crackers who don't know geography, MVR ;D

Of course, when you've actually been to NSW (and ridden Big's mighty Spada on the streets of Sydney) you can't help but know where it is [thumbsup]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.