Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in state college Pa and am a student at Penn State University. I was just wondering if anyone had a small space they were willing to rent out for winter storage of my 620. Riding it home would just be a big pain in my butt, but i would prefer it not sit out in the winter weather. If there is anyone else here with a similar debocle, maybe we could get a storage unit of some sort.
Any additional ideas would be great
thanks guys/gals

·
Premium Member
2,055 Posts
WE ARE...PENN STATE!

Sorry man, I had to add that in being an alum.

I know a couple people around that area, but they don't have the garage space. How far is home? Whatever you do, don't let it set out in the winter in a college town. Ask a professor or two, maybe they'll help you out? See how much it is for Kissel to store your bike too.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
How about one of those self storage places? The smaller units generally aren't too expensive.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Alum here too. :) sorry i can't help. i'd love to store your bike in my 3 car garage and even volunteer to take it out a couple times a week, to rotate the tires and keep the oil fresh, of course. ;) alas, i live in the Deep South now. maybe post something on the bulletin boards or find someone nearby with a garage and just ask. irony is living down south where you can ride all year long, and not having a bike yet, and you living up north, needing a place to store yours, but too far away. :) good luck, enjoy your time in Happy Valley, it'll be over with way too soon. hell, i even tried to prolong it. i was like Belushi in Animal House, "7 years of college down the drain. might as well join the f*cking peace corps." :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
another alum here, actually finishing my masters through worldcampus right now.. then trying to move back to state(hoping)... I had mine there, simple solution, parked it right in the family room of the house we were renting, covered it, fired it up every 2 weeks or so. What color is yours? I still have a friend there with a bumble bee(yellloowww) 620?

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
I can vouch for this. Damn near died of asphyxiation as it was also the only source of heat in the house, and the windows were covered in plastic to keep all the CO inside. [laugh] Last year I put 4k on it from October to January so I don't want to let it too far away. Mines coming up on the back porch where I can tend it, wrap it in a heating blanket and 20 tarps (oh and sit on it in my snowsuit in Feb). And you'll probably hear the 'wicked' exhaust before you see the blaring bumble bee yellow. >:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.