Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you probably know all of this, but some may not, so here goes.

Posting and Etiquette
If you start a new 'thread' or 'topic', you can go back at any time and change the title.

If you post something, you can go back at any time and change the title of your post, modify the content of your post, or remove the post altogether. Especially useful for grammatical or puctuation errors you don't see until it's posted.

If you later find that the factual content of your post is wrong, please be polite and add another post to correct it, especially if someone has responded with their own post. Or go back and change your original post with an '-----edit-----' and a new correct statement. Helps to maintain the integrity of the thread.

Moderation
As Moderator, I can do the following:
Move a 'topic' or 'thread' to another DMB forum; 'Accessories and Mods' for example. Can't see as I'm ever going to need to do that.

Make a topic 'sticky' or 'unsticky'. Discussed ad nauseum here: http://www.ducatimonster.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=SDMHA;action=display;num=1073155724

'Lock' or 'Unlock' a topic. For example, I've locked the section titles in our forum here, as there's no need for any posts on 'em. They're just titles.

Things I can do, but hope I never have to:
'Lock' a topic that is actively being posted on. If you personally attack member(s), I'll warn you once to knock it off. If you persist, I'll lock the topic.

If you take a personal attack anywhere else on this forum, I'll call the big dogs on you.

Remove a post or topic, or editing a post. If you post generally offensive or malicious material, I'll remove it. Most likely by editing the content of your post, rather than removing the whole post or topic.

I haven't seen any bad behavior in this SCMHA forum, and I don't expect I ever will. I have seen bad behavior elsewhere on the DMB, and it was dealt with in the same way as I've described above.

Nuff said.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts