Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a pair of GP Plus gloves about a yr and a half ago. The thumb on the left glove began to wear through. Called Alpine Stars, sent the gloves back and got my new pair via warranty (about 2wks). Great customer service. The worst part about it is breaking in new gloves.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Damn, your gloves actually lasted over a year? I'm lucky if my gloves will last even 6 months before getting holes in the fingers...

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Mine have holes from grinding the pavement, does that count. Alpine stars customer service is beyond most others.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
I had a pair of Teknic Violator gloves, same situation, they warranteed them for me, even after I told them about the 15k in a year and never riding without gloves.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are you guys doing using them for roofing? Mine last forever and I ride almost 10k miles a year. I end up buying new ones just to get something different to look at. ;D
roofing, thats too funny! i actually think its a combination of wear and the elements. i ride in the rain and i don't have waterproof gloves, so they have been through many cycles of being soaked through and naturally dried. not really good for leather. side note, it seems that alpine changed the design of the gp plus gloves, don't know if i like them yet.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I have yet to find a pair of gloves that will last more than 5,000 miles before developing holes in the fingers...

R

·
0 Posts
Any of you Ducatistas wear an Alpinestar leather jacket?
Can you give us some feedback?

I'm in the market for a perfed leather jacket. I like the price, design and features of the TZ-1. Don't think it's perfed enough though, for over 90F heat.

I hear Dainese G1 or G2 backprotector fits in the pocket for back protector of the Alpinestar leather jackets. Can anyone confirm my untrusted source?

Cheers!

·
Registered
915 Posts
I own the TZ-1... I bought a textile jacket for when it gets hot...actually even at 70 degrees with a t-shirt I keep the liner in it.

Love the jacket by the way.

gnew

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
I'm with you S4R996 - I have 20 year old deerskin gloves that are still fine. I've never worn through the leather. Usually if something goes it is the stitching, or the gloves just get funky.

I don't wear the 20year old gloves BTW - they don't have any extra padding in the palm or knuckles and the leather is faded from black to a light gray on the back side.

S

·
0 Posts
Mr. Moore, perhaps when our gloves get funky we should drag them like that guy in the Ducati ads draggin' his left hand on the ground at the same time he's draggin' knee. I'll give a go at the next trackday and let you know what happens. Maybe get some photos too. ;D

·
Registered
599 Posts
just wanted to add that I too own the TZ-1. It's an awesome jacket. It has already survived one crash and it didn't even get a mark! Just had to clean it off. It's not too bad in the heat as long as you're moving. I live in an area where it's almost always in the 50-60's so it's just right.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts