Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I promised all the great people that welcomed me so warmly a short report on the new monster. 1998 9kmiles--giacamo DP carbon hi-pipes---sargent seat and tank pad---14T CS and 40T rear. I have spent every day for last week on the bike and put 1200 miles on it. I love it! It is a superb,viseral machine. I like it much better than the M900 or 900sssp---It is not a better bike ,it just fits a lovely niche. 0---100 is a real joy. i have never ,and likely wll not take it above a 100.(If i want speed i would have kept one of a dozen bikes). The bike is also lovely to look at. I spenttwo days in the twisty(Yes we do have some--not many!!) I think the bike stock would more than handle anything thrown at it except a very experienced sportbike rider. On a 20 mile shot down some curvey country roads on the way to chow with some sportbies I started last and finished last. However i was within 30 seconds of the group. all in all it is becoming one of my all time favorites----I do however also have my eye on a collectors 888.-------The kingfish

1 - 2 of 2 Posts