Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Projector headlights

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  FastKatanBoy 
#1 ·
G
#2 ·
You wanna know what I'm gonna try? Have you seen the driving lights in Wal-mart? I can pick up a set of really nice aluminum cat eye 50w lights for around $30. I tried using aluminum on my tail mod, but that stuff is way too hard to work with. The bracket for the dual lights is going to be out of stainless steel. The only thing that worries me is having to cut the plug off the stock headlight. I think you could reproduce that look, or better yet come up with your own design, for very little money; under $100?

just my $.02

jb

#3 ·
#6 ·
I believe that headlight setup is for sale on E-bay. I saw the bike at Pro Italia a few weeks ago and that's where I took the picture. I dont know who's it is, but the bike itself was pretty trick.

I don't have a link or anything..just search for DUcati MOnster.

#7 ·
Re: the original msg. Those look suspiciously like Kragen/Wal-Mart/PepBoys PIAA knock-offs that give that icky yellow glow.
Or they might be real PIAAs - who knows - but either way, they look like automotive driving lights that've been pressed into service as headlights.

Which is pretty similar to what I have on mine at the moment:
http://slum.net/monster/laguna_seca.jpg

Except mine are the blue/white variety, and are not the projector style. The 55W lamps are mfgd by 'Blazer' and cost a blistering $49.
Brackets were made from 3/4" angled aluminum from the hardware store, and bolted to the stock 'U' bracket.

Overall, I'm satisfied, and the low-beam performance is about to stock (slightly broader beam, w/ sharper cut-off), however, since they're both identical lenses, with a 'flood' pattern, rather than a single narrow 'pencil' beam, the high-beam, uh, penetration, isn't there. I have them aimed at different angles, which helps a little, but there's still work to be done.

#9 ·
Chris, WHat did you do about the wiring??

Thanks,
Michael

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.