Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gun show was in town for the weekend. I usually like going and just admiring what they have. This time, I had some cash and saw somethign I wanted.

It's a Mossberg 500 Mariner 12g. 18.5" barrel 6 shot with a pistol grip. Gun show was today and this was the only mariner in the entire place. It came as part of a JIC (Just In Case) package that included the gun, gerber style tool, and a pocket knife. The "tools" are typical ceap accessories. But, they were included. The entire package is enclosed in a bright orange watertight container with sling. I like the container. Especially when/if I get my boat to move on. I bought the Mariner because it's got a much more resistant coating and can take much more marine abuse without rusting.

Next on the list is a sling, an additional butt stock and long barrel for hunting, and some sort of attached light.

In addition to the pics of the new 500, threw in some of the XD9 sub compact w/ XML light.

So, I'll be hitting the range when I get back. Anyone wanna go?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I'm up for a day at the range. Shooter's Paradise? Not sure where you are located, but Blue Ridge has really refurbished things a lot. Also, the NRA range is open to the public and is really great. But, I'd be willing to travel a bit (from Sterling) to do a day of shooting. Lemme know.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Poke and I were talking about the possibility of a club day at the range...I am up for the idea...depending on logistics and schedule of course....though I must admit...the next month is going to get hectic quickly...so I'd be puishing for a mid to late January date to do this for me personally!....

Nice new rifle Poke!....I have a Mossberg 500 also with an 18.5 inch barrel and the regular buttstock...and I love mine!...is an awesome and fairly bulletproof design and ease to maintain!.....I especially love the storage tube though!....will they allow you to have that on a ship?

·
Registered
480 Posts
I was foolish enough to get a membership at the Blue Ridge range. Way too much money for the number of times I shoot a year, but it does put me ahead of all the non-members on a busy day. The 'Poke and lovely Sally have been there w/ me. The range has been majorly renovated and looks great. I'm up for a range party regardless of location, but would be happy to host @ Blue Ridge.

Had my eye on an antique .32 Police Special that was for sale there a while ago. If it's still there, maybe....

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hey, 'Poke, maybe I can get you an invite to a dove-hunting party out here in the country. Season peaks around New Years. I can just see all the people in their camo coveralls and hand-tooled Beretta 16 ga. guns when you show up w/ the Mossberg! Please be sure to bring along the orange carry case -- and wear a red Ducati jacket!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I have a small hand cannon to contribute to a range day. My father is giving me his .357. I'd need to get pistol gloves before I shot it, though. The last time I shot a .357, I shot bare-fisted and my hands got battered. My hands are way too small and unprotected to take that kind of abuse.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well then, looks like we've got the making of a pretty decent range day. We've got a couple of logistical issues to get past though. From what I've seen here and talking with CAMers, we've probably got a couple dozen firearms between us.

Ranges can be expensive. Especially if you want to rent out an entire section (which is what we'd have to do if we have over a dozen people). You never want to buy your ammo at the range (usually have to though if you rent a gun from them). So, we'd all have to get our own ammo and bring it. There are a couple ways to do this. Either each owner is required to bring enough ammo for their guns for many people and takes up a collection for the shoot. Or, we pool our money and one person orders anough ammo for the entire event for all the guns. Option one could be very confusing and pricey. Option two would proably be easiest. But, would delay the shoot until all the ammo gets here. Personally, I wouldn't mind option two or taking the logistics of it if it's what we choose.

Are there any CAMers that are qualified range masters? I used to be. But, that was almost 5 years ago and I'm not sure it's still good or if I remember every last detail. I guess I can call around and see if ranges require it.

I'd be fine for either Blue Ridge, Shooters, NRA, or any other VA range (not a big fan of the couple ranges I went to in MD. Sorry). If it was warm enough, we could easily do it outside if anyone has enough land or knows of some Private Property we could use. Def need a range masteer if we go that route.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Greerzilla said:
I may be up for it... but I'm gunless. Walmart is actually a good place to get ammo. Usually pretty cheap prices on decent stuff.
They've usually got WWB in various calibers for pretty cheap. But, I usually buy online.

Statler said:
New thread for CAM range day?

I'd be in.

Wilson Cambat .45

Pretty picky about ammo (me, not the gun... it eats anything), so I can bring enough to share or do we make a list...

Chris
We'll see. I'm not sure if people wanna post up their arsenals on an internet forum. So, I'll respect that.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
slowpoke13 said:
They've usually got WWB in various calibers for pretty cheap. But, I usually buy online.

We'll see. I'm not sure if people wanna post up their arsenals on an internet forum. So, I'll respect that.
Wasn't thinking for people to post up what they were armed with... just a new thread for getting it organized.

What to bring etc. can be PMd.

The list would be more of a PM thing for whovever did the group buy of ammo. I think a "bring enough for others" might work better in the long run though. Any extra just comes home with you.

+1 on S&B, zoom.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ducatizzy said:
yeah, the Mariner has a boating kit so you can fire a small pontoon or anchor using blanks. great for mooring or tossing a emergency float. not useful if you don't boat.

must use blanks though..
Ahh, I'm sure when I get a boat, I'll be looking at some of those. Unitl then....

1 - 20 of 61 Posts