Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just upgraded my Brembo coffin brake master cylinder to the Nissin MC unit. The Brembo unit was pretty tired.....

it took me bleeding a gallon of DOT4 through the damn system to finally convince myself that there indeed wasn't any residual air trapped in the system making the brake lever feel like I was squeezing sponge cake. It was the Brembo coffin doing its best, which comes up short in the land of oblivious Prozac'd Soccer Moms in SUVs

I looked at the Brembo Radials, actually put an order in for one w/Ca-cycleworks on the blind assumption that newer /newest could only be better. After speaking w/Chris at Cycleworks about the differences and my type of riding environment, I decided to go with his Nissin kit and save the difference for a new clutch MC.

The Nissin is just what the doctor ordered, it has an incredible blend of power AND control. I can now bring the Piglet down from a full gallop to a stand-still with out recalling/reciting prayers I haven't used since the Nuns beat them into me 40 years ago.

Nice bolt-on upgrade. Complete w/all mounting hardware. But boy, now I realize I have to do something about my front tubes/springs, the bike is a diver.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Nice. Been toying with this idea, as well.
Dion

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep... i got a hold of some used newer brembo goldlines (owner upgraded to radials) but the difference in braking was quite pleasing when compared to the old coffin boxes. with the stainless lines the difference was night and day. good upgrade if you've got coffin boxes.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went with the Magura Radial, it is beautifully designed and the feedback it gives you from the front wheel is perfect, not to mention the stopping power. It is more expensive than the brembo 239 vs 365 but if you want to match the brake the clutch is the same 365 where the brembo you have to upgrade to their cnc model which is around 550-600!!!! Over all the Magura is very much worth it.

·
Registered
426 Posts
http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=442|Ducati Clutch:&productID=84&showDetail=1&categoryID=445|Clutch Master & Slave Cylinders&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168|Italian Motorcycle Parts

Moto Wheels sells the clutch master for $374 that would make a pair of Brembos cheaper then your Maguras. The worst part would be the front brake light switch but Yoyodyne has a great little bracket for a mini switch just like stock that mounts to the Brembo radial master. I like a switch much better then a pressure switch as it turns on sooner before there is pressure in the system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts