Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get anyone at section8 to answer my calls or e-mails. I placed a $200 parts order in September, and while I received some of it I'm still waiting for some of it. I have e-mailed jake, called jake, and now nobody ever answers the phone there, ever. Has anyone else had any problems?

Shane

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
It doesn't sound good from the DML and Speedzilla posts for people with outstanding orders / money deposits.

(crooks :mad: )

mitt

·
Registered
129 Posts
I placed an order in July. They said it was shipped and would arrive on a wednsday I had a track day on sunday. it didn't show up, I lost $200 cause I couldn't ride without it. After 2 months some stuff came but they still owe me $100+. I'm sure some people are in worse shape.

Gavin

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
mitt said:
(crooks :mad: )
you can say that, but the reality is that they've taken care of a LOT of people that they didn't "have to" considering their situation.

i'm not saying that they're saints or anything. but it appears that they're making an effort to take care of people.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
derby said:
you can say that, but the reality is that they've taken care of a LOT of people that they didn't "have to" considering their situation.
i'm not saying that they're saints or anything. but it appears that they're making an effort to take care of people.
Are you saying that all those people that have placed orders that will never be filled that they are S-O-L? ??? And at least that Section8 tried?

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
chipazzo said:
Are you saying that all those people that have placed orders that will never be filled that they are S-O-L? ??? And at least that Section8 tried?
if you follow the thread over on speedzilla you'll have a better idea of what the situation is. there are plenty of people over there that places order and had them filled well AFTER sec8 went under.

sec8 COULD have just filed for bankruptcy and never filled a single outstanding order.

now, i'm not affiliated with them and i don't know everything. i'm not saying that everybody that had an oustanding order will get it filled. i'm saying that the thread over on speedzilla (the last time i read it) had customers with $10s of thousands in outstanding orders receiving their shipments.

this is money that they could have (pocketed or) given to their creditors to reduce their financial liabilities.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
derby said:

maybe crooks is too inclusive of the entire shop, but from the Speedzilla thread, there is definitely 1 or 2 crooks high up that were not honest and stole not only customers money, but from each other as well.

I always got a bad vide about section 8 - they were a little too good to be true -> lowest prices, good website and online communication, lots of track days and tech advice, etc. I was curious if they would be in it for the long haul, and they weren't.

For vendors you can rely on, check out cacycleworks for some OEM and aftermarket stuff, and Ducati Seattle for OEM stuff.

mitt

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
ca-cycleworks and DucSea are both slow, uncommunicative and expensive so they must be good... [laugh]

Just joking, you don't get the stellar reputation that these guys do sitting around picking your nose (well, unless your reputation is for picking your nose)...

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
christianweisser said:
Maybe Jeffrey Skilling (Enron) should have used that logic in court: "Your Honor, what about all of the employees whose pensions I DIDN'T steal???"
yeah, but he stole all of them. ;D

don't put be down as a sec8 fanboy. i bought one thing from them, an ohlins shock. it came sprung incorrectly, i sent it back on their dime for a respring. came back, wrong spring. i sent it back on MY dime and they picked up return shipping. now it's the correct spring, but too much initial preload.

the money i "saved" wasn't worth the hassle. for the time and inconvenience, i should've bought locally.

mitt said:
maybe crooks is too inclusive of the entire shop, but from the Speedzilla thread, there is definitely 1 or 2 crooks high up that were not honest and stole not only customers money, but from each other as well.
the way i read the thread is jason left, "took stuff", and bill tried fighting the inevitable to save the company, and failed.

that's the way it read to me until a week or so ago when i quit checking that thread to see if there was more namecalling.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
So, what about the $30+ monster showbike? I made the same inquery on Speedzilla & no one answered (including Jason). I know it was put on Ebay & started a lot of name calling, but it had to go SOMEWHERE. I'm only asking because I build custom Ducati based bikes & have always found resistence above about $20,000. The Section8 bike is of great interest to me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.