Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My monster was recently rained on while I was attending class last week and since then the front and rear turn signals have been working but flash wayyyyy too slow (about once every 7 seconds) which is unusable in traffic.

On top of that, the button for my odometer (to switch from trip to overall) is no longer functioning, leaving me with only the knowledge of my bike's overall mileage and no information for my trip mileage.

Can anyone point me in the right direction with either of these problems? I'm thinking the light problem is being caused by a relay but the odometer has me baffled.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well the tach corrected itself today. I'm assuming it just need some more time to dry out. The lights are still giving me some trouble however. Any electricians out there?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I strongly advise you to pop off the cover for your gauge cluster and go at it with a blowdryer before stuff starts rusting out.

the immobilizer and turn signals route through your cluster and I have heard many a horror story (from industrial girl, for example) where all sorts of bad things begin to occur after it rained on the gauges.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts