Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!
I have a problem with the digital gauges on my '04 Monster 620 ie. The plastic screens on the gauges have fractured and this together with time and moisture have ruined the digital screens of the speedo: shown on the picture here.
Vehicle Plant Speedometer Gauge Measuring instrument

What I'm wondering is
1: is it possible (or something else than really expensive) to just replace the digital screens?
2: or repair the whole speedo set
3: or can I just buy a used speedo and change the whole set – or will doing so just lose the mileage and/or cause the bike to not start?

Or 4: is there some other, better alternative to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Juuso, when I researching this problem, I basically came to the conclusion that there is no repairing this part. If it's having any problem it has to be replaced. If you can find a used one, that should work, but you'll have to reprogram the immobilizer to your key set. I ended up having to order the part through my local Ducati shop and it was like $1300 installed I think. 😕 You'll lose the mileage no matter which way you go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.